Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[TN] TechNoir sheet in progress

Posted in the wrong forum:  Avar L. said: I am interested in trying to run a TechNoir game and wondering if someone would be able to make the character sheet for it. Thank you. I've started working on the sheet. It is displayed in the this campaign . Since I copied and pasted a lot of stuff , I still need to go in and change a bunch of names; many, many boxes and checkboxs are currently linked to each other. And I am in the middle of turning what few buttons there are into roll templates. The only buttons are the names of the verbs. Anyone familiar with the game, please let me know how to make it better/usable.
Not sure why this got re-titled into a [Request], but I'm not complaining.   Updated the sheet.  Roll templates are installed, with drop down queries for push and harm dice.  Rotating images for the numbers have been installed to track dice charged and discharged (all manual).  Check-boxes and text boxes are now unique. Kick the tires, see if there is any thing else it needs, or if I screwed anything up.  I am thinking a button to display the adjectives would be useful.  Dunno if it should be all the adjectives, or just one at a time.  Maybe another button to throw the equipment details into chat as well.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Coal Powered Puppet said: Not sure why this got re-titled into a [Request], but I'm not complaining.   Because the original quoted text was a request and your response to that was the request being taken up, my hope was that anyone familiar with the system would be drawn in by the [Request] with plans to maybe create one and then be able to offer their help on the mechanics for you ;) Happy to change it to whatever you would prefer, just a humble servant...

Edited 1448111067
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Ziechael said: Coal Powered Puppet said: Not sure why this got re-titled into a [Request], but I'm not complaining.   Because the original quoted text was a request and your response to that was the request being taken up, my hope was that anyone familiar with the system would be drawn in by the [Request] with plans to maybe create one and then be able to offer their help on the mechanics for you ;) Happy to change it to whatever you would prefer, just a humble servant... I am so pleased with the 99% of the Roll20 stuff that, when I see things the Roll20 guys and gals have done and I do not understand the reasoning behind, I figure its done for really good reasons I will appreciate later.  So, no complaints at all here, merely (non-lethal) curiosity. Wait, can you change the title into a bunch of money in my bank account?  I would go for that.  I would much rather have that than a title. 
That's a beautiful sheet and I look forward to being able to use it. :) I might suggest putting Charged and (Used?) die for the Push die above them.   Everything else works in what seems to be the best way.  Quick, together, and easy to see.
Explain that to me so I can understand it.  The number already changes on a click, so I am not sure what you are asking for.
Sorry, I just meant labeling which is which.charged and which is discharged on the dice.  It'll help people not forget which is which.
Do you have a suggestion?  Should I only put one rotating number, so you will know how many dice you have left, and that's it?  That seems simplest, but I want to know what would work best for the game.
It's good for a player to know how many dice they've used, as you need some Push dice.  They get them depending on what happens.  The two areas for the dice are good, it just might help to have text that says Charged and Discharged above them.
Okay, finally understood what you were talking about, and I've updated the sheet.  Tell me what you think. Also, should there be buttons to show what adjectives, gear or what-have-you and so on the character is using, or will that just make things complicated.   Understanding other people is better done after coffee, not before.
I think checking the character sheet is probably best for the adjectives.  It doesn't take long to check. I like it!
In that case, Monday-ish, I will be pushing this sheet to github for approval.  Hope its fun!
The sheet is live.  Get yer Hard Boiled Cyberpunk on
Thank you for this character sheet ! I may have a comment: 3 hurt dice is easy to reach in game, a highter limit could be geat.
When I have time I will look at this again.
GIve me a number you would like.  How many dice/hurt dice should there be?
In this  campaign  I have added a drop down menu for the l=player to assign up to 10 hurt dice.  Will this do?
It would be perfect. Thank you very much !
Pull request made, for those GM's who hate their players.  How much do they hate their players?  10 hurt dice much.

Edited 1452768939
Haha, don't worry for my players: I'll probably never use more than 5 or 6 negative adjectives, but an highter limit can be usefull for some extreme situation. (Sincerely, thank you !)