Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Cypher] system core rule book sheet

Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PS :  >>(partly because sometimes i don't want the players to know the difficulty level of a task) In that case, and FWIW, I ask my players to make a difficulty 0 roll, with the sheet.

Edited 1445849085
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To adress some issues and demands that have been made here or by private messages, version 1.3 is on its way, waiting for merging. Corrected roll with difficulty and inability: now compute the total difficulty Replaced "Action" parameter inputs by drop-down lists, to ensure that Roll20 updates correctly the attributes Negative edge allowed (handicaps) Removed the word "target" from the attributes and template roll code to avoid confusion with the Roll20 keyword "Target", allowing to create custom macros
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I had a problem with github recently and had to re-commit version 1.3. It's on its way, a little late though.

Edited 1447534797
Hey Natha. Just wanted to let you know I ran my first Cypher System game last night. Our group used your sheet, and it worked out very well. Everyone really enjoyed the game. I gave all the players the option of if they wanted to use a PDF sheet or if they wanted to use yours. They all decided to use your sheet instead of sticking with the PDF, so that's a testament for how easy it was for them to use. I just wanted to give you feedback based on what my players were telling me and what I was experiencing during the game, as this was the moment when I really could give solid feedback based on actual impressions instead of just guessing how it would work: Feedback One things I've been doing is heavily tweaking weapons. I sometimes assign negative modifiers (as opposed to positive) for using a weapon in a different way. The Cypher System sheet, as is, only allows you to add a positive integer into the field. Possible solution: instead of requiring a positive integer (with the up and down arrows off to the side that aren't that useful anyways), you could just make the "Mod" section a plain text field where we can enter whatever text/numbers we want. This was the biggest complaint of the night. But on the flip side I only see it being a larger issue for those GMs who like to tweak things. (Example from my game: A player has a light 6-round revolver. The player can decide to shoot a single shot (with the -1 difficulty and 2 damage for light weapons as normal). However, in my game the player can decide to use the weapon in a rapid fire/burst mode where the player empties the entire clip rapidly in an attempt to do more damage, but at the cost of ammo and more difficulty. The player would have a +1 difficulty penalty instead to represent the decrease in accuracy. Being able to represent these two different attack types with a more customizable "Mod" section would be great.) After reviewing my players' sheets, it's obvious to me that it would be really nice if you could add extra details for each equipment item. I really like how you did the Special Abilities (having a name, and then having a description box below). It would be really awesome if there was a way to add these extra details to equipment as well, while also having a compact view (like it is now). Maybe there could be a drop-down/chicklet off to the side of each equipment item. When clicked, it reveals a description box for the item just below it. If you have a chance to have a look at the D&D 5e Shaped sheet, I think they have a lot of good ideas for packing a ton of information in, but then also giving you the options to opt for condensed views and such. A "Condensed" viewing option for the special abilities, wherein we didn't have to always see the longer "Description" fields would be great as well. For the equipment section, it also appears that the width of the "Item" field is not fully extended. These could be a number of pixels wider to take advantage the space between the "Item" and the "#" quantity. Hopefully this makes more sense with a screen shot: When adding a special ability, there was a bug. When you clicked the "+Add" button, and then immediately clicked off (or in my case I was switching to a different browser tab to view information to copy and paste), and then clicked back into the text fields to begin entering the new special ability, the blank ability field would disappear, and it would require me to click the "+Add" button again. This happened several times when I was helping to build a character. Worth noting that I'm on Safari on Mac right now, and I'm attempting to reproduce this bug, and it isn't happen. But last night when I was playing I and using Firefox (since voice doesn't work with Safari), it was definitely happening. With that, it might be an issue specific to Firefox, but I'm not 100% sure. Last bit of feedback is that the players never used the "Action" section of the sheet. I suspected this would be the case quite awhile ago. But I believe it's good with all the changes you made specifically for this situation, as the players easily understood how to make the Might, Speed, and Intellect rolls, and it went fine. I think it would have been a bit more confusing if you had it like before, so kudos to you for making the change/improvement. Requested Improvements Roll20 has announced the ability to make repeating fields usable in the macro bar. I know you know about this, as I saw you mention that you have a lot of sheets you need to update because of this. I hope you can find time to add the ability to take advantage of the ability to drag rolls (for skills) to the macro bar, as that would be great. It would also be great if the Attacks could also get integration with the rolls as well. I know it would mean overhauling the attacks section, and perhaps would have to a bit more flexible (like with my issue of wanting to have negative modifiers instead of only beneficial modifiers), but that would be great to see as well. But I know that would require quite a bit of effort. It would nice if you could add "Info" buttons for the  Special Abilities, Cyphers, and Artifacts sections that, when clicked, would spit out information in the chat about the ability. This is done in the D&D sheets with regards to spells, and it's very handy. Adding this to the Cypher System sheet would, to a huge degree, reduce the amount of times I have to ask the player "What does that do, again?" It's a massive quality of life improvement for the GM. (It would be very nice if you could do this for Attacks as well, but might make more sense with integrating the rolls.) In regard to players never using the "Action" section, I think a one huge improvement and quality of life boost would be to better handle the application of Effort. You could have two different types of rolls for each of the three stats (Might, Speed, and Intellect). The three roll buttons continue to work exactly how they works now, and continue to be able to be used with players dragging those buttons to their macro bar. Then introduce another set of buttons right near the existing roll buttons. These buttons would be the "Roll with Effort" buttons. If the player clicks one of these buttons or uses it from the macro bar, the sheet displays a pop up dialog that asks the user to enter how much effort to apply. I believe this is the perfect solution as it allows the player to utilize the macro bar and applying effort is the one other special roll situation where the character sheet could really help the player and GM figure things out. (Even better if the sheet actually deducted the correct number of points for using this roll while considering the edge as well.) Alternatively, you could just have a single "Roll with Effort" button that is off to the side or below the stats. This button (which would hopefully be able to used in the macro bar) when pressed would pop up a dialog with a dropdown prompting which stat is being used, and how much effort to apply. Anyways, I hope the feedback and suggestions are helpful. I really did enjoy playing Cypher System, and the sheet worked extremely well. So I also just wanted to say thanks again for putting in the effort, and I look forward to continuing using it in the future! :)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great feedback, James. Glad to know you used the sheet ingame and liked it. I'll take some time later to answer/think about each point.  
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Regarding the reapting fields and macro bar, I've got nothing to do and it will work automatically when the prod server will be updated. Great job by the dev team. Regarding Attacks with integrated rolls, that's something I was thinking about too, but I'll be honest, it probably won't be soon (got to figure out a bunch of stuff)  Regarding a info buttons on Special Abilities, Cyphers, and Artifacts : good and simple idea. Could be implemented in the next version. Regarding the roll with effort buttons, I get your point but won't those button need more questions to be asked beyond effort (in facts, the same parameters as the Action section) ? "Even better if the sheet actually deducted the correct number of points for using this roll while considering the edge as well." : that's what the sheet already does with Action section parameters set and the pink API button in the template roll. Did you try ?

Edited 1447925328
Regarding the reapting fields and macro bar, I've got nothing to do and it will work automatically when the prod server will be updated. Great job by the dev team. Sounds perfect! Regarding Attacks with integrated rolls, that's something I was thinking about too, but I'll be honest, it probably won't be soon (got to figure out a bunch of stuff) Yeah, I figured it would probably be an effort. Maybe, in the mean time, if you could just consider the suggestion to make the "Mod" field more editable and customizable and then consider adding an "Info" button for the attacks, that would be great in the meantime. Regarding a info buttons on Special Abilities, Cyphers, and Artifacts : good and simple idea. Could be implemented in the next version. Perfect! It has a good side effect of also encouraging people to keep track of their stats, as some of the abilities seem like passive things but really require stat point expenditure, and I think my players forgot that once or twice during the game. So if they click the button or activate a macro that could pull this up, it could remind me and them about the point spend. Note: It would also be cool if you could add an info button to the attacks (and maybe equipment) as well, specifically for those of us who like creating all kinds of crazy weapons or attacks for our players — this way we GMs don't always have to ask about attacks either. Regarding the roll with effort buttons, I get your point but won't those button need more questions to be asked beyond effort (in facts, the same parameters as the Action section) ? I think I had an epiphany about this, and about the action section. But before I get to that... I'd just ask you to consider these points: If the ability to roll with effort (while automatically applying your edge and enforcing the max effort limit) is in the macro bar, the user doesn't even need to open up their character sheet, so it's just naturally quicker. (And efficiency and doing things faster is part of the reason why we love Roll20 in the first place.) If it's in the macro bar (or even if it is not and the user would explicitly press a special roll button in the character sheet), the input can be faster — The dialog pop up just lets you immediately start typing, hit tab, then enter more, then press enter and you are done, so it's fast, and the user doesn't have to switch from mouse, to keyboard, to mouse, and then remember to delete the entries in the action section right after. (I don't know if you have the ability to easily press tab and switch around the fields in your character sheet, but even so, I'm sure that most users would just naturally take their hands off the keyboard and then move the mouse to the next point, click, start typing, back to mouse, etc... just not efficient. If you did this, the modifiers that the player add would not be persistent (which in this case is very good in my opinion). You don't have to go in and delete the input you just made, because when you spend effort, maybe this time you spend one effort, and the next time you spend two effort, but the very next roll probably isn't going to involve effort. With this method, everything automatically resets back to 0, so it reduces the chances of players forgetting to reset the action section to zero as well. Macros are amazing, but even if you're not a fan (speaking in general to anyone who plays and doesn't utilize macros), it's so much easier for a GM to bring in a new player, direct the user to drag a few buttons into the macro bar, and then jump in and start playing. I believe the point about it not being persistent is the key. I will say one thing. I haven't been a fan of the action section since you introduced it, but I did have a serious realization. The one perfect situation where I think the action section is of a huge benefit is when a player has a higher edge in a particular stat. The player can put themselves in a situation where they can apply a level of effort for very cheap or even for free, so they would (and probably should) apply that edge and effort every single time. I found that my players had some situations where they didn't apply their edge (simply from forgetting). In this situation, the action section would handle this perfectly, because it's something that the player can set once and they don't have to fudge around with entering numbers every single roll. That's where I see the action section coming in to shine. If you change your thought of it and think of it as a longer term "Bonus" section, then the action section really does make sense and is a great time saver for the players. I believe that if you think of it in a way where the players would either prefer something being persistent and applying every single time, versus the idea of players just wanting to apply a bonus/effort/edge only once and then have it reset automatically, that maybe that train of thought would inspire even more functionality that would make the sheet more amazing. Perhaps this realization will also make my aforementioned points make more sense as well. "Even better if the sheet actually deducted the correct number of points for using this roll while considering the edge as well." : that's what the sheet already does with Action section parameters set and the pink API button in the template roll. Did you try ? I figured this was the case after I wrote that. I messed around with the action section a month or so ago after you implemented an update, so I couldn't recall exactly. However, I was speaking specifically to the application of the prior suggestion of being able to use a macro. Again, macros are amazing, and the more a character sheet lets a player drag stuff to the macro bar, the quicker everything flows. (This is why I think the new functionality to easily create macros from repeating sections is going to be a game changer, and the ability to drag an "Info" buttons from Cyphers/Attacks/Equipment/etc to the macro bar would be so cool.) Hopefully all that makes sense. I'm really looking forward to the next version. I'm always willing to test this stuff out of course and offer feedback. Edit: I'll be doing my second Cypher System game tonight, so if I notice any other feedback from the players or thoughts on the sheet or how it could be improved, I'll come back with more stuff. Edit 2: Ran the game, and it was very enjoyable again. Just worth mentioning that the players, again, didn't use the actions section at all (with exception to the rest option). I had a brief moment of trouble with getting a player to identify which button to push to make a rest (maybe that could be improved visually; no big deal), but I was happy that it automatically moved the rest from 1 action to 10 minutes. Very cool. I noticed a lot of parenthesis being inserted in the attacks section, but more so in general the players could really just use more space for entering attacks and being able to add notes for when modifiers added to them (like the fact that one of my players gets 1 point of bonus to damage done by guns because of his Licensed to Carry Foci, but it initially confused as to why his damage wasn't what I expected to be until I remembered).

Edited 1447942120
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Quick response: regarding action and buttons and questions : I could probably add a preference radio button (like the styles on top the sheet) to use the action section or use "macro style roll"  (with pop-up questions/one time paramaters when clicking the attributes or skills button). The second choice could even hide the action section (avoiding confusion). PS : in "macro style roll", the buttons will be dragable also and would ask the needed questions of course ...

Edited 1447970165
I think that would be a great start. However, I would just suggest that you also keep the buttons for the three primary stat rolls (Might, Speed, Intellect) that don't ask the questions available all the time as well. Primarily because there are many situations where the questions are not needed (like when players are asked to roll for NPCs), or when players have no intention of doing anything special with their rolls. So if they can drag all the buttons down to their macro bar, it covers every possible situation. Thankfully, it looks like there's quite a bit of space so that you could just duplicate the button off to the side and maybe apply a different style (like a red button). I don't even necessarily think you'd need to explicitly state the difference of these buttons. When the players start messing with the sheet for the first time click on the buttons, it will be fairly obvious that one just makes the roll without modifiers, and the other asks for more input. Beyond that, I think it'll be great!

Edited 1450207831
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 1.4 is live. What's new? Choose the roll parameters type, via the Action section or Roll Queries Buttons to show Special Abilitie, Cypher, or Artefact in the chat Using the Roll Queries setting: When clicking an Attribute or Skill roll button in the Roll Queries mode, parameters are asked one after each other (hitting enter quickly skip to the next one): Of course, you can set the sheet in "Roll query" mode, then drag some buttons to the quick macro bar (dev server only for repeating fields for now), then set the sheet back to "Action section" mode, to enjoy both modes. Showing some special ability, cypher and artefact in chat:

Edited 1448157037
I just checked out the new sheet changes in 1.4. The changes are interesting. What I Like I really enjoyed the ability to display the items (that being said, I still really very much wish something is available for attacks and equipment, just to provide more information to the GM when it is requested by the player — as this is by and far probably going to be requested the most by the GM). Edit: I also really love being able to drag the skills to the macro bar. That's fantastic as well, and something I think the players will enjoy too. What Could Be Improved Change the name of the box (to show info) from "Name" to "Info". That makes a lot more sense. Or, even better yet, just use a generic icon that represents info, like such: Saves horizontal space, gets the point across, and has a clickable nature like a button. What I Don’t Like I see what you tried to do with macro support. But it’s just way too much. Not only is it too much, but I honestly don’t understand it. Maybe it’s from my lack of using the Action section, but it’s literally overwhelming. Again, I don’t see anyone using this. I can’t emphasize this enough — it just doesn’t make sense for Cypher System, and the book itself makes this abundantly clear, and I think it’s putting more effort into this than need be. More importantly, the changes you made with the chat output already answer the questions you are asking with the Action section. The player doesn’t need to know if he succeeds or fails, because it’s obvious — the GM sets the difficulty, and the player compares what they got on the chat output. I just can’t restate this enough that the Action section needs overhauled or removed completely, because it’s just adding complexity to something that isn’t complex in the first place. Making Things Better So here are my suggestions for improving it further Change "Name" buttons to "Info", or use a generic "Info" button like I posted above, which has the added benefit of looking like a button already. Remove the Action section (I honestly think it's something you don't need to maintain at all and takes up too much of your effort — again I could be wrong, but I think it's a design decision that you could make that saves you time and allows the sheet to be focused on far more important things) Instead, add an Options section that presents the following check boxes (if all are off, assume no dialog is ever shown): Ask for Cost on roll? (default to on) Ask for Effort on roll? (default to on) Ask for Difficulty Modifier on roll? (default to on) The Flow of Input For A Roll Get rid of Difficulty (This is addressed near the end) Get rid of Asset (This should be combined with Bonus) Get rid of Bonus (This should be combined Asset) I was thinking this was something else, but I honestly hate the idea of being asked if I want to add a +1 or +2 every single time. I'm not sure about it, because it already feels like the macros are too heavy. Here’s how the flow of input should be presented to the player: Initial Bonus to roll (+1 or +2) (But I still don't like the idea of including this, but I understand why it has to be.) Initial Cost (How much does it cost me to simply attempt this action? This is the first thing the player determines. This also determines if the player has enough remaining Stat points to even apply effort.) Difficulty Modifier (What bonuses/penalties has the GM placed upon me? This is so I have a good idea of if I will manage to help reduce the difficulty by a decent amount or if I should still consider applying effort) Effort to Roll (What effort am I putting into the roll?) Effort to Damage (What effort am I putting into damage) Initial Roll Bonus . I really don't like that a whole dialog entry has to be put up for entering this since it's so simple to add. I know this isn't your fault, Natha, but I just wish it could be avoided, because it's so rare that this will be a thing, but I get it. Initial Cost . When a player is using an ability or skill, the first thing they need to calculate is how much is it going to cost just to do this one thing. So they should enter this first. Difficulty Modifier . The next thing they will likely do is ask the GM what modifiers will apply (including assets, penalties, etc.). They want to know this before determining how much effort to apply. Effort to Roll . The next thing they need to determine is how much effort they want to apply, because now they know the cost and the modifiers. Effort to Damage . Then the last thing is applying effort to damage. (It would be very awesome if there was a way to combine this into one dialog, but I’m not sure if it’s possible.) If you make these changes above, everything would be pretty amazing and simplified, and then we can forget about the issues of difficulty. But if you still wanted to bother with difficulty... Enable GM To Set Difficulty (Pivately or Publicly) For Players Here’s a really cool idea… Give the GM access to three macros. These macros would set the difficulty within the API, and it would compare the difficulty set by the GM to the task that the player rolls. The three macros could be like the following: Set Difficulty (Private) Set Difficulty (Public) Reset Difficulty When the GM sets the difficulty privately, the API knows the difficulty, but the players don't. When this macro is pressed, it pops up a dialog box asking for the GM to enter the difficulty. When the players roll, they see what the difficulty has been set as in the chat output, and the roll informs the player if they succeed or fail based on the roll and the effort they applied. When the GM sets the difficulty publicly, the API knows the difficulty, and it announces what the GM has set as the difficulty in the chat to all players. When the player rolls, the chat output informs them of success or failure. When the Reset Difficulty macro is pressed. It doesn't pop up anything — it just notifies the GM that the global difficulty has been reset to 0. If the GM sets a 0 difficulty, it is assumed that no difficulty is set, and the chat output behaves like it does now when no difficulty is set. This also solves an important problem — imagine that the GM doesn't want to tell the player the difficulty before the roll because that breaks immersion, but the GM does want to be completely open about what difficulty s/he sets. By doing this, it gives the player the confidence that the GM did set and stick with that difficulty (without fudging), and the player knows for sure that this was a proper success or fail. Then this would be the macro setup I would have as the GM, and it's all that I need: This, I believe, would be the ultimate solution to the problems in that it gives the GM control, and it gives the GM the power to either share the rolls or keep them hidden. It reduces the amount of back and forth between GM and player, particularly about difficulty. If the player wants to know the difficulty, the GM will have already set it and announced it via the API to the chat automatically. If the GM wants it private, but still wants to set it to be fair with the players, the GM can do that as well, and after the players roll. And if the GM wants to just do it all in his/her head, then that can be done as well by simply not using the macros (this is probably what I would do, or I'd do the private Difficulty). So I think that's pretty awesome. (With that being said, I did think of a potential downside to this "cool idea": Let's say the GM sets a difficulty for a task — maybe a perception task — and asks for all players to make a roll. Then one player makes a roll before all other players. The other players will then be able to see the difficulty of the roll, and then they can go in and apply more effort to try to overcome what they might perceive as a difficult roll. It's not immediately obvious to me how to overcome this, but beyond this one downside, everything else sounds great. Maybe the solution is another macro button for the GM: "Resolve Rolls", which will then inform each individual player — who made rolls — of if they succeeded or failed, but it sounds a bit more complex than it should be. But ultimately I, as the GM, don't mind undertaking this slight bit more complexity in order to not break immersion or ask player to fudge around with entering more numbers each time they want to make a roll.) Edit : Sorry about the wonky formatting of this forum post. Copying and pasting from a text editor into Roll20's forums and text entry fields is always a huge pain. Edit 2 : P.S. Didn't want to make it sound as if I'm being hugely critical. I really do love all the effort you put into this. Cypher System in itself is not that complex. I believe it is the GM's responsibility to handle everything related to difficulty and the calculations. Moving that effort onto the players (by having them have to enter the difficulty and calculating their assets and bonuses and modifiers and costs) seems like a less than ideal way to handle it, because it puts the effort on the players when, already, Cypher System is designed for the player to do most of the work anyways — asking the player to be responsible for setting the difficulty and asking them to calculate and enter their assets and bonuses (which is a conversation they need to have with the GM anyways), seems a bit too much at this point. Edit 3: I realized an issue with my interpretation of the "Bonus" section. We haven't made it to a point where that has become a thing in our games, so the thought of dealing with it is just annoying. However, I don't think this is your fault Natha. This is more of an annoyance with Cypher System itself for adding in the mechanic to modify the roll value.

Edited 1448158025
I think, in the end, what I envision vs the different mechanics in the game vs the limitations of Roll20 might just be too much to incorporate into a single, simple system. What I envisioned was a way to just press a button, maybe enter 1 or 2 numbers, and then hit done and have the magic happen. I don't think it's going to be possible. Anyways, I think a lot of what I was suggesting previously isn't possible or just far too difficult to cram into a single macro. But maybe players will enjoy it. If things stay the same, I just might recommend that in the macro you try to include a bit more help text off to the side so that players understand what they should be entering. There was one field in particular at the end of the macro, "Cost" I think it was, that I just didn't understand. I think maybe that was the "Initial Cost" that I wrote about above. If that's the case, I'd recommend putting that first, and maybe just rethinking the order that the dialogs are presented. Either way, I always appreciate the effort you put into this Natha. The next game I run will be in about two weeks (after the Thanksgiving holiday here), so if this happens to be live on the production Roll20 system, I'll definitely give it a whirl. :)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All the parameters from the action section, and therefore all the questions asked in macro style roll, are all raw cypher system rules. I didn't invent or add anything, just as strictly as I could applied the rules. Cost can be whatever fits the moment : initial cost and/or cost of the used special ability (like Assault wich requires to spend one point of Intellect). Getting rid of difficulty would perhaps accommodate your style of play but not  others. And currently the sheet allows to do both : if your player know that they have to skip it, they just need to press enter (0 difficulty is treated like no difficulty). I still plan to add rolls and info buttons to attacks but it will take some time (that I don't have right now unfortunately). one thing I can do to perhaps answer your needs is to give an example of a macro to roll as you wish. So you could set them up for your players/play style.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So, here some macros you can set up, as standard macro or character abilities. I guess you're familiar with the "selected" or character name prefix if using standard general macros, or no prefix if you set them as character abilities. If you are not, check the roll20 wiki and then modify the macro as needed. Might roll macro only asking for effort on roll : &{template:cyphBasicRoll} {{charid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{stat=might}} {{attribute=Might}} {{attrEdge=@{selected|mightedge}}} {{diceRoll=[[1d20cs>17cf1]]}} {{effortRoll=[[?{Effort|0}]]}} {{finalDiff=[[0-(?{Effort|0})]]}} {{totalCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)-(@{selected|mightedge})]]}} {{effortCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)]]}} {{bonusToRoll=[[0]]}} {{difficulty=[[0]]}} {{targNum=[[0]]}}  {{targNumRoll=[[0]]}} {{effortDmg=[[0]]}} {{statExpense=[[0]]}} {{assets=[[0]]}} {{bonusDmg=[[0]]}} Speed macro only asking for effort on roll : &{template:cyphBasicRoll} {{charid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{stat=speed}} {{attribute=Speed}} {{attrEdge=@{selected|speededge}}} {{diceRoll=[[1d20cs>17cf1]]}} {{effortRoll=[[?{Effort|0}]]}} {{finalDiff=[[0-(?{Effort|0})]]}} {{totalCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*(2+@{selected|armorspeedcost}))-(@{selected|speededge})]]}} {{effortCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*(2+@{selected|armorspeedcost}))]]}} {{bonusToRoll=[[0]]}} {{difficulty=[[0]]}} {{targNum=[[0]]}}  {{targNumRoll=[[0]]}} {{effortDmg=[[0]]}} {{statExpense=[[0]]}} {{assets=[[0]]}} {{bonusDmg=[[0]]}} Intellect macro only asking for effort on roll : &{template:cyphBasicRoll} {{charid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{stat=intellect}} {{attribute=Intellect}} {{attrEdge=@{selected|intellectedge}}} {{diceRoll=[[1d20cs>17cf1]]}} {{effortRoll=[[?{Effort|0}]]}} {{finalDiff=[[0-(?{Effort|0})]]}} {{totalCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)-(@{selected|intellectedge})]]}} {{effortCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)]]}} {{bonusToRoll=[[0]]}} {{difficulty=[[0]]}} {{targNum=[[0]]}}  {{targNumRoll=[[0]]}} {{effortDmg=[[0]]}} {{statExpense=[[0]]}} {{assets=[[0]]}} {{bonusDmg=[[0]]}} Examples of character sheet ability macros for Skills : In bold in the code below, what changes from the stat macro above. Jump, might based skill (specialized): &{template:cyphBasicRoll} {{charid=@{character_id}}} {{stat=might}} {{attribute=Jump}} {{attrEdge=@{mightedge}}} {{diceRoll=[[1d20cs>17cf1]]}} {{effortRoll=[[?{Effort|0}]]}} {{finalDiff=[[0-(?{Effort|0})-2]]}} {{totalCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)-(@{mightedge})]]}} {{effortCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)]]}} {{bonusToRoll=[[0]]}} {{difficulty=[[0]]}} {{targNum=[[0]]}}  {{targNumRoll=[[0]]}} {{effortDmg=[[0]]}} {{statExpense=[[0]]}} {{assets=[[0]]}} {{bonusDmg=[[0]]}} {{skilled=[[2]]}} Balance, speed based skill (inability): &{template:cyphBasicRoll} {{charid=@{character_id}}} {{stat=speed}} {{attribute=Balance}} {{attrEdge=@{speededge}}} {{diceRoll=[[1d20cs>17cf1]]}} {{effortRoll=[[?{Effort|0}]]}} {{finalDiff=[[0-(?{Effort|0})+1]]}} {{totalCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*(2+@{armorspeedcost}))-(@{speededge})]]}} {{effortCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*(2+@{armorspeedcost}))]]}} {{bonusToRoll=[[0]]}} {{difficulty=[[0]]}} {{targNum=[[0]]}}  {{targNumRoll=[[0]]}} {{effortDmg=[[0]]}} {{statExpense=[[0]]}} {{assets=[[0]]}} {{bonusDmg=[[0]]}} {{skilled=[[-1]]}} Intuiton, intellect based skill (trained): &{template:cyphBasicRoll} {{charid=@{character_id}}} {{stat=intellect}} {{attribute=Intuition}} {{attrEdge=@{intellectedge}}} {{diceRoll=[[1d20cs>17cf1]]}} {{effortRoll=[[?{Effort|0}]]}} {{finalDiff=[[0-(?{Effort|0})-1]]}} {{totalCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)-(@{intellectedge})]]}} {{effortCost=[[ceil(?{Effort|0}/6)+(?{Effort|0}*2)]]}} {{bonusToRoll=[[0]]}} {{difficulty=[[0]]}} {{targNum=[[0]]}} {{targNumRoll=[[0]]}} {{effortDmg=[[0]]}} {{statExpense=[[0]]}} {{assets=[[0]]}} {{bonusDmg=[[0]]}} {{skilled=[[1]]}} Hope this helps.
Awesome. Thanks for those marcos, Natha.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome, Grant. Tell me if you need more :)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 1.4 is live.

Edited 1450211932
Hey Natha, Thanks for posting the macros. Those look super useful. Unfortunately, I ended my game ended before I had the chance to evaluate anything after 1.2 with your sheet. I really like Cypher System though. I am almost certain that I'd start up a new CS game before I touch another D&D game. But I just loaded up your sheet to the latest version just to play around with it. I, instinctively, wanted to try dragging around the "Name" buttons. I know it's not implemented to be able to put those on the macro bar. But when I tried dragging any of the "Name" buttons, it stuck itself on the top left of the browser and it wouldn't go away until I refreshed. Just figured I'd mention it, as it's slightly annoying when it won't go away. One other thing: I still want to throw out my suggestion, again, to rename those buttons to "Item" and away from "Name". Or the idea of using the "I" graphic standing in for "Info" would be cool too: I included a graphic in a previous post:  Permalink Thanks for still working on this!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
>>Unfortunately, I ended my game Sorry about that. But have fun with D&D ;) >>instinctively, wanted to try dragging around the "Name" buttons I'll look into it. It might be because I didn't named properly the button itself. Thanks. >>One other thing: I still want to throw out my suggestion, again, to rename those buttons to "Item" and away from "Name" Yep. I will look into it for the next version.

Edited 1450738847
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 1.5 is on its way. What's new? New "Attacks" section (one per stat), with integrated rolls, taking in account skill level, costs, damage etc. Stat and skill rolls don't ask/use damage effort anymore (use the new attack sections/rolls instead) New options to simplify rolls: choose if rolls ask for/use assets, bonus and cost. Default is now not asking/using them. "Name" button changed to logo/info button Info button can be dragged to the macro bar Added info button to equipment and consummables Damage track taken in account for effort cost calculation (old bug ...)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 1.5 is live.