Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Make macro roll only visible to GM?

Hello! I am trying to make a roll that I am pulling off of a character sheet only visible to a gm. I tried looking inside the macro for anything I can replace with /gmroll and am entirely lost. Any clarification would be very helpful. Essentially I want to be able to use the rolls from the character sheets without my players being able to see them. Thanks for reading!
There is an API script "blind roll" which does this if you wanted to upgrade to Pro. If the GM is initiating rolls you can always 'pull' the stuff off of the sheets and add 'w/ GM' to the front end and the players will never know. If the players have to initiate the roll they will see them using /gmroll or /w GM.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Some sheets may have an NPC/Monster section that uses /w gm for certain rolls.  The PF sheet does this with it's NPC tab and many of the attributes are shared with the player side of things.  Other sheet's may have an option to toggle /w gm for all rolls ie (5e Shaped sheet).
If your DM upgrades to a Pro subscription and converts to the PowerCards API script, you can do on the fly blind rolls to the GM using the same macro. Just add a drop down query to whisper the GM or not. 
Thanks for all of the responses, /w GM worked and it's working fine now!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad you got your answer Zane, I'll go ahead and close this thread now but feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions.