Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Intrest Check] WH40k (Wargame) Campaign

Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Would anyone be interested in this? We could use almost any edition (I have hard copies of 3-6e) and for the campaign rules we could use something like this or planetary Empires. It would run with weekly or fortnightly turns, first half of the turn would be done in a ad hoc way then battles would be decided on and player would organise when they will have them before the next turn starts. I would expect we would start small, maybe 1HQ 1Troop to start that work our way up once we get more used to playing the game on roll20. As we have a few people interested I have put a campaign up to help get us started. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/7446/warhammer-40k-wargame-campaign" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/7446/warhammer-40k-wargame-campaign</a>
I'm interesting.&nbsp; Never play 40k, but have some experience for fantasy.
Yup, I'm interested! =) I have 4-6e hard copies. However I'm Central time zone, but I can play most hours with only a few exceptions. Weekends are usually busy for me.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
William G. said: Yup, I'm interested! =) I have 4-6e hard copies. However I'm Central time zone, but I can play most hours with only a few exceptions. Weekends are usually busy for me. Well the idea is there is no set night just a cut off to do the non battle stuff.
Just like Lap Ho, I never played warhammer but I am interested.
How would you plan on utilizing roll20?
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
David O. said: How would you plan on utilizing roll20? As a table top ..... It will act as the Campaign grid and as the table for the battles. As well as being a place we can keep track of what's going on and discuss times and dates for said battles. To be even more Specific Models will be represented by tokens (only requirement is that you can tell what weapon/equipment they have), we can use the bars to track wounds and what have you. Also I will be using the API to make stuff like scatter dice work. Keikat said: Just like Lap Ho, I never played warhammer but I am interested. I'm sure we could run a few games to show how its played before hand, to be honest I haven't had the chance to play in ages so I will need some refreshing, and as I said we will need to start small anyway, the armies will take some time to set up once they get to a reasonable size.
how many people you planning to have?&nbsp; and need any help to setup the campaign?
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lap Ho said: how many people you planning to have?&nbsp; and need any help to setup the campaign? We can run with quite a large group if a lot of people are interested but I would look for about 3-5+ people. The way I was going to handle setting up the campaign was we will have 3+ campaigns: one with just me (maybe one or two others if we have a lot of people) as GM, this is where the Hex grid will be, with lots of little tokens for us to move around to show troop movement and captured territory. one where everyone is a GM so they can build there armies (you will each have your own page to work on), Finally some battle campaigns that will have me as the GM (again maybe some others if needed) with the armies and map set up ready for the battle. We would have one to start and then if peoples battle times overlapped we can copy more. Idealy we would have these setup so noone is the GM but sadly someone has to be it. One of the advantages of being a mentor is I can move Pages around between campaigns so we can have everyone making maps and making there own tokens. This seems like the most logical way of doing it.
also, what edition we are going to use?&nbsp; I have knowledge of fantasy, but I know they are somewhat difference.&nbsp; Want to start read the rule already
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lap Ho said: also, what edition we are going to use?&nbsp; I have knowledge of fantasy, but I know they are somewhat difference.&nbsp; Want to start read the rule already Unless someone has a particular objection to it we may as well use 6e. I have put a campaign up to get us started. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/7446/warhammer-40k-wargame-campaign" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/7446/warhammer-40k-wargame-campaign</a>