Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Map Maker

i think the title says it all. create a legit mapmaker for us, it can be a separate one time cost, or monthly fee. but this is what we need. there are plenty of decent ideas to work on....but a quality map maker, created by Roll20, for Roll20--this is something we NEED. everyone would buy it. you already have a prototype within Roll20. add the abilty to export, some easy filters, tilesets(that also would be for a price) and you have an awesome product. there are only a couple of mapmakers out there for 'battlemaps', and many people still use dunjinni which has probably been defunct for years now.if it existed, i think every dm and player in my group would purchase it. lastly, i did try to search forum, so sorry if this idea was already submitted.
It would make life so much easier if we could have the ability to make our own maps, I think this would be fantastic!!
A map maker would really be a game changer for Roll20 and a logical progression of the system. Roll20 is great with DMing/playing tools. It's got that covered, but unfortunately we have to import battle maps we find elsewhere. This limits what DMs can come up with since they always have to be limited by available maps.  So yes please, a Map maker!

Edited 1489247182
Take a look at the  MapForge map-making software I am developing, which will help you make maps for your Roll20 games. The app will offer a free level of use, much like Roll20 does. I have begun talks with the Roll20 devs to see if more direct integration with Roll20 is possible, such as automatically uploading exported maps into a user's Roll20 server-space, or the possibility of using assets that you've already purchased on the Roll20 Marketplace within MapForge as part of your mapping art library. No official word yet on whether that will be possible, though.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .