Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Rogue Trader - Sundays 7:10 PM PST. 12-27-2015

Edited 1450630320
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
A vast universe, torn asunder by forces that see to hunt down every waking being. Yet even through these times, the call to adventure reaches out for you. Untold worlds lie out there ripe for exploration, uncharted territory waiting to be mapped out, & many people, good, bad, & benign to meet. Danger without number, treasure without limits. There exists possibilities beyond imagining as to what pulls people to the stars, but as for you? Only you'll know how your story began to lead you here. Only time'll tell where 'here' is, if... anywhere you would want to be.... Hello ^^, looking for a few more player to join my upcoming Rogue Trader game, I already have a few players in the party who I've played with in the past. Going for a max party size of 5, so looking for 3 players right now. Rogue Trader: Taken Arch-Militant: Astropath: Explorator: Missionary: Navigator: Seneschel: Void-Master: Taken No Xenos, please. Who I am: 22 year old west coast college student Sundays will be a free day for me this quarter. Been GMing for over 7 years, been reading W40K lore for 5, 2nd time running a Fantasy Flight 40k system with some guidance from a more experienced player. What I would LIKE to see: - Mature level of humor, OOC jokes are fine, but like the IC to stay on the level. - Respects others - Exploration & Creativity! (I don't believe in placing rails in a galaxy exploration game) - is comfortable RPing both through TEXT or VOICE - Can make the commitment (Don't join 'thinking' you can make the time & then can't, had this happen beyond count) - Can roleplay comfortably & realistically - Write a fruit somewhere in your app so I know you read this, skimmers beware. - Wants to play a good story & can be flexible about their character - Can do Skype & Teamspeak 3. While the following list feels bad to write, looks exclusive & pretentious, I feel obliged to write it because of past issues trying to recruit players on Roll20, sorry for any offense it may cause. Normally I'd think most of this would've gone without saying but past experience dictates otherwise.  What I would NOT LIKE to see: - Mature level of humor DOES NOT mean a grotesque level of humor - Difficulty in getting contact with - Attempts to self-center the plot (You have the whole universe to explore, you're not the center.) - Overwhelming desire to gain 'loot', 'xp', & other trophies. (Try to play this like a reality, not an mmo) - Min-maxing -_- - Negative attitude when things don't go your way ><  (I don't control the die rolls, 40k is a harsh universe) - Expects to win everytime. (Encounters will not be balanced for convenience, the universe is not your friend) - Need to be in every scene, even without reason. - Interruption of other players. Derailing the game extensively. If you're interested in joining. Please post the following below. Primary Role Desired/Concept: Secondary Role Desired/Concept: Experience with 40K RPG/40K Lore: How you like to roleplay: What you look for in a GM: What kind of experience you expect out of the campaign: Little about yourself: Questions/Comments:
Damn you PST, a thousand curses upon time-zones.
Still some spots left
This works out perfect for me tbh, in EST, but I work late nights so i'm up until 2-3 anyhow. Primary: Navigator - I'm not partial to navigator, but NPC navigators will always lead the ship face first into a void storm at some point. Secondary: Anything but explorator and missionary tbh. I can shoot, I can spy, I can't preach. Experience with 40k: Uh, too many years spent in the annals of /tg/, plenty of DH and rogue trader under my belt. How I like to roleplay: Off the cuff. I try and have a general idea of who my character is, what his motivations are, and what kind of mindset he has then sort of.. play him within those bounds and let the quirks and personality traits kind of develop on their own. What I look for in a GM: I find the best gming style is the kind you can TELL is there, but don't FEEL there. If I kick down a door and get put full of bullets, it should be because I kicked down the door and tripped the alarms, not.. you wanted me to go into another door and put a death trap behind THIS door to punish me for not listening. Have a story, have an outline, have a good grasp of where it's headed, but.. you should look to the players to some extent to fill in the "How" and "When.", Games collaborative storytelling, yo. What I expect: SPACE! ADVENTURE! HORRIBLY DISFIGUREMENT DUE TO UNLUCKY WARP ROLLS! but in all seriously RT is like 40k: SPEHSS OPERA, I expect to explore unknown worlds, possibly shake down a few xenos and have a giant golden statue built on every world in the outer reaches... or.. you know, navigate the ship. Little About Myself: Uh, been playing pen and paper rpg's for.. almost 8 years now. Probably 2-3 dozen systems, (DND, MMM, Exalted, DH, FATE, SR, etc etc) As a player (and GM) I tend to try and think outside of the box. Use the environment, Shooting my way in tends to be the last option, because if I wanted to kick down doors and put bullets in thinks i'd play an FPS, lol. I however, try and NOT conflict with the party or GM, as long as no one else goes out of their way to make an enemy of me, I won't make an enemy of them (.. I.e., I was in a game where I played a half-elf, dude joins two sessions in as a murderous elf-hating dragonborn. It didn't create fun party tension, it created annoyance until I found a way to pin the murders of six elves to him because he'd been running around shaking people down asking if they were elves), I believe a happy party is the best party. synergy and shit. Likewise, I try and not shake the gm's plans up TOO much, If it's obvious we need to go in door A, I'm not going to go kicking down door C, D, and E, unless A.) I am lead to believe it'll be worthwhile to do so, or B.) I think door C has a better route -- anarchy for no reason is no fun. Questions/Comments: - Overwhelming desire to gain 'loot', 'xp', & other trophies. (Try to play this like a reality, not an mmo) You may wanna drop that mindset, RT is all ABOUT the shinies, literally replaced all form of money with acquisitions -- which with decent rolls a beginner RT in any sort of trade hub can walk out with 20-30 sessions Dark heresy sessions worth of gear without even taking a hit to his Acq rating. We literally have a writ that says we are free to shoot, take, and colonize any planet in the outer reaches in the name of the emperor, and all profit belongs to us. Provided we can survive long enough to at advantage of said write, we'll be having gold-plated spice showers in no time. Not that it doesn't carry a hint of reality, but being a RT is like being a conquistador, just instead of indians and golden cities, we're taking out xenos and taking ENTIRE PLANETS resources, risk is huge, paoff is huger.
I know what a Rogue Trader is supposed to be, I'm speaking strictly OOC, not IC on that rule. Characters want loot, but OOC thats not what the campaign should just be about. Speaking strictly where loot needs to 'necessarily' be dropped every so often as opposed to random exploration & the potential for some treasures to be dead ends while others much more easily obtainable.