Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lag Issues

My players have been complaining of having issues with lag in our last few sessions. I started shutting off different things to narrow it down, it is the dynamic lighting causing the problems. Tonight when I shut it off, they said they said the lag went away. We have played for years not really having issues, was there a change or is there something I can do other then just not use it?
I had similar issues this past Saturday evening.  Lag and difficulty moving and selecting tokens for my players.  Knowing what the problem was will help for my next game on New year's eve.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris, it might have been the size or complexity of the map you were using. Are you able to test the performance on a relatively simple map with dynamic lighting?