Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creating a "Reaction Table"

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Bear with me here.  Say I want to create a "reaction roll" ala OD&D.  A bit different in execution, but it will serve as a point of reference. In its simplist terms, I would create a rollable table with X number of results assigned to a weight (2-3 point spread).  That part I have down.  But then, how could I have the table account for the player character's Charisma score?  How could I also add a simple +/- modifier to the mix.  I suspect this is more of a macro, so how do I get the two to work together?
Assuming the character triggering it has "CHA" as an attribute on their sheet,  you can use @{selected|CHA} If you're the GM triggering this and want to use someone elses Charisma, you can use @{target|CHA} If you want a generic prompt for misc. bonus, you can use ?{Modifier|+0} which will prompt the player for a value, defaulting to +0 if they don't change anything.

Edited 1451674870
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Attribute calls, unfortunately, do not work within Rollable Table rolls. (Presuming you'd like to roll 2d6 and have different results for rolls of 2 to 5, 6 to 8 and 9 to 12 respectively, accounting for modifiers.) Without PowerCards: [[ {1d6 + [[1d6]] + ?{Modifiers|@{selected|charismamodifier}}}>9f<5 ]], where -1 indicates a roll of 2 to 5; 0 indicates a roll of 6 to 8; 1 indicates a roll of 9 to 12. Replace "charismamodifier" with the name of the Attribute that you're using to track the charisma modifier of your characters. With PowerCards : !power {{ --name|Reaction Roll --Roll|[[ [$R] 2d6 + ?{Modifiers|@{selected|charismamodifier}} ]] -- ?? $R <= 5 ?? !|Negative result -- ?? $R >= 6 AND $R <= 8 ?? !|Neutral result -- ?? $R >= 9 ?? !|Positive result }}