Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chat messages sent from API cause popped-out chat log to scroll all the way up - affects Chrome but not FF

Edited 1452665062
Reproduced on Chrome on Linux. Repro steps: Add a simple script which calls sendChat("api", "blah"); on("chat:message", function(msg) { if (msg.content.substr(0, 5) === "test") { sendChat("api", "reply"); } }); Pop out chat window and ensure it has enough entries to have a scrollbar. Have the API trigger that action. Chat will scroll to the very top. Have gifs of it below. First GIF is Chrome. Second is FF.     
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hey, Jason - I'm sorry you're having this issue, I can see how it would be really annoying to deal with. Your reproduction info was on point, made it really easy to reproduce, thank you. I was able to confirm this myself and have added it to our list of things to fix, so we will definitely get to it at some point. Thanks again, and I hope this isn't too frustrating for you in the mean time.

Edited 1453555331
I'm curious as to whether the issue on this has been identified yet. I prefer Chrome to Firefox, and as a DM would much prefer the chat window to be in its own window. Edit: While API commands do work, PowerCards sent to the chat window (even in Firefox) still scroll the window all the way to the top -- at least in OS X. I'll have one of my players check on Windows to see if it works on there.

Edited 1453646202
Great! I just wanted to report exactly this bug :) The bug exists on "Version 48.0.2564.82 m" and Windows 10 as well.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've fixed this issue and committed it. Next time the server is reset the fix will be available on dev. It will stay just on dev for a bit before it makes it to live, just to make sure I'm not breaking anything else in the process. Since this is specifically an API issue, and only pro users will have had issues with it, I can tell anyone reading this that you can play on dev in the mean time if you are waiting on this fix. If you don't know how to play on dev you can  check out the Wiki to find out how. Since this issue should now be fixed I'm going to go ahead and close and mark this thread as resolved. If you have any further issues, or any other issues, feel free to open a new thread.