Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 Damage macro is rolling 11 dice instead of 1

Hello, I have been working on a damage macro that was posted on the wiki help page but, I am noticing it rolls 11 dice for damage instead of 1. Example a wizard attacks with weapon 1 (dagger 1d4) but, the macro rolls 11d4 Macro @{selected|token_name} hits for [[1@{selected|weapon1damage} +@{selected|weapon1damagestat}[Weapon1DamageStat] +@{selected|weapon1enh}[Weapon1 Enh] +@{selected|weapon1specialize}[Weapon1 Specialization] +?{Other Damage Bonus?|0}[Other Damage Bonus]]] damage! Here is the information on the character sheet (I am using the standard one for 3.5) 1d4 +[[@{weapon2damagestat}]][Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon2enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon2specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]
Silvyre
Forum Champion
PorkChop2073 said: @{selected|token_name} hits for [[ 1@{selected|weapon1damage} Presumably, @{selected|weapon1damage} = 1d4, so 1@{selected|weapon1damage} = 11d4
Yes, that correct the issue. But, the bonus damage is now double. Example 1d4 and +2 str bonus would equal a 3 on the roll for a total of 7 damage.

Edited 1452882135
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Looking at your macro, the extra +2 is coming from either @{selected|weapon1enh} or @{selected|weapon1specialize}. Enter those into the text chat to determine which. Either that, or @{selected|weapon1damagestat} = 4, indicating that it is not set to equal your strength modifier.
Ok cool that is very helpful!