Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Wh40k DeathWatch

Edited 1453231272
Hello Ladys and Gentlemen! I need a bit of help from you wise people ;) I'm working an my own version of the DeathWatch char sheet, but I encountered two problem I can't solve. First: When my players hit the "Hit"-Button, they got this in chat: "Seelenschmied (GM) uses 'Testsword' and hits with [3.6] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [13]!" But what I want to have in chat is this: "Seelenschmied (GM) uses 'Testsword' and hits with [3.6] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [Left Arm]!" My charsheet command is this: <div style="width:16%"> <button name="roll_meleehit" type="roll" value="/me uses '@{meleeweaponname}' and hits with [[(@{WeaponSkill}+@{advanceWS}+?{Modifikator|0}-1d100)/10]] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [[1d100]]!"> <label>Hit</label> </button> </div> The hitzones are: Range 1 - 10 = Head Range 11 - 20 = Right Arm Range 21 - 30 = Left Arm Range 31 - 70 = Body Range 71 - 85 = Right Leg Range 86 - 100 = Left Leg Can someone help me with this? Second: In the r20-char sheet, the characteristics are all in the left column. In the original sheet, all the characteristics are on the same line. This I want to have in my sheet to. But I didn't get it. Can you help me with this too?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Seelenschmied said: First: When my players hit the "Hit"-Button, they got this in chat: "Seelenschmied (GM) uses 'Testsword' and hits with [3.6] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [13]!" But what I want to have in chat is this: "Seelenschmied (GM) uses 'Testsword' and hits with [3.6] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [Left Arm]!" My charsheet command is this: <div style="width:16%"> <button name="roll_meleehit" type="roll" value="/me uses '@{meleeweaponname}' and hits with [[(@{WeaponSkill}+@{advanceWS}+?{Modifikator|0}-1d100)/10]] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [[1d100]]!"> <label>Hit</label> </button> </div> The hitzones are: Range 1 - 10 = Head Range 11 - 20 = Right Arm Range 21 - 30 = Left Arm Range 31 - 70 = Body Range 71 - 85 = Right Leg Range 86 - 100 = Left Leg Can someone help me with this? For this, you'll want to use a rollable table.  You set up the rollable table with a name (something like Hitzone), and then you'd add values for each of the categories above.  You'd want to give each Hitzone the appropriate weighting (e.g. Head, Right Arm, and Left Arm all have a weighting of 10, Body has a weighting of 40, Right Leg and Left Leg each have a weighting of 15).  Then to call the table your button would look like this (again, assuming you called the rollable table Hitzone): <button name="roll_meleehit" type="roll" value="/me uses '@{meleeweaponname}' and hits with [[(@{WeaponSkill}+@{advanceWS}+?{Modifikator|0}-1d100)/10]] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [[1t[Hitzone]]]!"> Seelenschmied said: Second: In the r20-char sheet, the characteristics are all in the left column. In the original sheet, all the characteristics are on the same line. This I want to have in my sheet to. But I didn't get it. Can you help me with this too? For this I'd probably do something like: <div class="sheet-row"> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Weapon Skill Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Ballistic Skill Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Strength Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Toughness Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Agility Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Intelligence Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Perception Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Will Power Stuff goes here --> </div> <div class="sheet-characteristics"> <!-- Fellowship Stuff goes here --> </div> </div> Then the accompanying CSS would look something like: .charsheet .sheet-characteristics {     display: inline-block; width: 87px; /*or whatever width you want*/     height: 87px; /*or whatever width you want*/ border: solid 1px black; text-align: center;     margin-left: -3.75px; /*or whatever width you want*/     margin-right: 0px; /*or whatever width you want*/ /* other styling stuff that would apply to the boxes */ }
For my Iron Kingdoms sheet, I stole the Savage world "config" menu idea.  I have a text box in a collapsible area, and gave it a name like "attr_hit_zone", and a value of something like "1d100".  The dice code would look like this: <button name="roll_meleehit" type="roll" value="/me uses '@{meleeweaponname}' and hits with [[(@{WeaponSkill}+@{advanceWS}+?{Modifikator|0}-1d100)/10]] Degree(s) of Success into Hitzone [[@{hit_zone}]]!"> And then, before I give the sheet to some one, I put 1t[Hitzone] (or whatever name you give the table).
Ok, nice to know. But how do I write such a table and where do I implement it in the sheet? Does it work with this? Can I name this hitzones in the sheet commands so that table refer to them?

Edited 1454250915
Chronos helped me with the Hitzone table. Much thanks to you all!

Edited 1454261078
Wes
Sheet Author
If you're still interested I could throw you some ideas for building a rollable table into a rolltemplate if you make one for your sheet.
the table-problem is solved. So thank you :)