Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player Token Not being Able to be used by Players In Game....

Edited 1453282031
Even though it is set to be in all player's journals & editable & controllable by all players ! During a gaming session my players can not move or use the Druid character Ferax. Me being the DM, i can move the character but it's macro buttons will not show so i have to make rolls from the sheet. I have even deleted this character & re-made a new sheet yet the same quirk still continues, only for this character ! Game Invite: [removed by mod Pat S] System details: Operating System Windows Windows NT 10.0 Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Web Browser Chrome 47.0.2526.111 Browser Size 1920 x 993 IP Address [removed by mod Ziechael] Color Depth 24 bit Javascript Enabled Flash Version 20.0.-1 Cookies Enabled

Edited 1453274356
And for certain you have the token's settings correct?  Not the journals*, but the token itself?   Its definitely not on the map layer (as it has a visible name) Best guess, is that you accidently didn't do it correctly the first go around, and when you made a new character sheet, it unlinked off the now deleted character. You should also delete the join link so creepers *cough, don't join your game randomly. .
I joined creeper-style to take a look; that extra copy of Ferax on your map was placed by me. It looks like you, as JakeM guessed, don't have the token  saved properly . Specifically, I'm guessing the field "Represents Character" section. It's also possible that, on the journal entry, you have it set such that all players can edit, but left out the 'Controlled By' part. Hope that helps. -Phnord
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ricky, sorry to hear you are having difficulty but before we launch into the full troubleshooting mode let's run through what Jake mentioned. Have your token on a map page so you can use it shortly. Open the character sheet in edit mode and remove the default token then double check you have the correct player selected in the view in player's journal and editted/ controllable by menu. Now go back to the token you wish to use and double click on it to open it into edit mode and select the correct sheet in the represent as menu. Set up your bubbles to represent what you want (hp/ac/ammo or whatever) then once you are satisfied with the setup click on the save button. While still having the token selected click on the default token button in the character sheet then the save button. This should setup the sheet and token properly. If you are still having problems with the token after running through the setup procedure we can start the troubleshooting guide. Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
Ok, i have the Ferax the Druid character working for me now, just fine, i will try to get one of my players on to test it out. It seems this time, after i made the new sheet, i forgot to change the 'represented by' field, is all it may have been.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, Ricky. I'm glad you're up and rolling. I'm going to mark this report as resolved. Let us know if you have any other issues.