Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dice repeater

The concept is very simple. Lets say i need to roll a d6 eight times. i'd type '/r repeat 1d6' and it would give me each answer separately like 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 4 This is something I use a lot and need badly, being forced to separately roll each when I need sometimes up to 20 repeated rolls can be a huge waste of time and inconvenience.
Hint: You can use the up-arrow key on your keyboard to automatically re-enter the last command you typed. Also you can always just /roll 8d6 The results of each die is shown, and you can just ignore the total at the end. -- Pete.
If you enter /r 8d6. you will get a result that shows all the different dice rolls and what they add up to.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Alas, you cannot do /r 2d6 5 times in a row and have them come out on a single line. This is what some games involve. It would save on spamming the lines. Example: I am playing a game that uses 2d6 as a dice rolling system. I want to make 10 identical attacks. Each one must be rolled on a separate line. By the time I hit the 10th attack the first attack has probably scrolled out of sight already. For speed of use a system where I can roll 2d6 10 times and have all 10 results displayed in one line would be excellent. - Gauss
no but as a workaround you could use d11s and just add 1 to each roll
Alas, you cannot do /r 2d6 5 times in a row and have them come out on a single line. This is what some games involve. It would save on spamming the lines. Example: I am playing a game that uses 2d6 as a dice rolling system. I want to make 10 identical attacks. Each one must be rolled on a separate line. By the time I hit the 10th attack the first attack has probably scrolled out of sight already. For speed of use a system where I can roll 2d6 10 times and have all 10 results displayed in one line would be excellent. - Gauss This is exactly what i was getting at
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jeremy K: The odds of a 2d6 vs a 1d11+1 are not the same: 2d6 has a bellcurve while 1d11+1 is linear. In the 2d6 bellcurve the odds of rolling a 7 are 16.67%. The odds of rolling a 2 are 2.78%. In your suggested workaround the odds of rolling a 7 would be 9.09% and the odds of rolling a 2 would also be 9.09%. Put another way: it would not work. So for some games we are either forced to deal with mass text spam in order to roll many attacks or not play on Roll20. Multiple dice rolls on a single line would be very useful. Note: There are some games where I have to roll 20 identical attacks at a time. Roll20 is not really suitable for that kind of a setup. Even in D20 type games where you have mass combat it is not suitable. This is really needed. - Gauss
Jeremy K: The odds of a 2d6 vs a 1d11+1 are not the same: 2d6 has a bellcurve while 1d11+1 is linear. In the 2d6 bellcurve the odds of rolling a 7 are 16.67%. The odds of rolling a 2 are 2.78%. In your suggested workaround the odds of rolling a 7 would be 9.09% and the odds of rolling a 2 would also be 9.09%. Put another way: it would not work. So for some games we are either forced to deal with mass text spam in order to roll many attacks or not play on Roll20. Multiple dice rolls on a single line would be very useful. Note: There are some games where I have to roll 20 identical attacks at a time. Roll20 is not really suitable for that kind of a setup. Even in D20 type games where you have mass combat it is not suitable. This is really needed. - Gauss I've been forced to use rolz.org on occasion.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Wardonis, as will I be. I only discovered Roll20 recently but I am quite impressed with it's simplicity of use. Other VTTs turned me off on how hard they were to get started. While a GM can get himself up to speed with a lot of work that does not mean all players are willing to do so. With that said, there are some things I consider basic that are missing. The ability to roll multiple rolls of the same roll without creating a full page of spam is one such feature that should be basic. - Gauss