Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

How many remote players are you working with?

We have an adventure with 4-5 players on a regular basis. We have everyone over that can come come. GM- Signs in on his account Local Players-sign in on another account We output to a 48" Hidef TV (they pass around a wireless mouse or 1-guys moves and controls player tokens Remote- We have 1 sometimes two players remote. Average three connections What are your configurations
Wow, sounds fancy. I'm doing a campaign that's pretty much still in its infancy. On a good session, there are 5 players connecting from at least 2 different continents (maybe 3, I don't really want to pry). Hardware in use seems to range all the way from high end multi-monitor setups down to budget laptops.
I play 3 different games in a week (so about 14 other people) and only one of them are from Australia like me. I never asked what everyone else uses but i have a fairly powerful custom made gameing computer with dual (soon to be quad) monitors, Beats for headphones and a Logitech 200 webcam for my mic/camera. (monitors are 15 inch and 30 inch dells)
Were from Oregon,USA. As the Gm I use a basic lap top running win xp 2 gb of ram with an extra monitor ( I run Dm's Familiar on that) Roll20 on the laptopmain screen. The desktop drives the Big screen TV. Its a built box with Asus mother board and Nvisa GTX560Ti Graphics cards. The graphics card can run 3 monitors 2-via DVI 1 via HDMI, 8 gigs Ram multi hard drives.( I built it for about $650.00). One of the remote players is in Camp Pendelton , CA USA Desktop with a after market graphics cards. A lot of the computer now can run HDMI now which is all you need to output to the Big Screen.That really is a kick and ads a dimension to the gaming. Before I found Roll 20 we would put a 30" screen on a table put a piece of glass over it. I ran that as a second monitor and used PDF files. Roll 20 was a great find for us.
Zack, do you have a tablet? I am looking at running something like Splashtop (remote desktop) from my tablet to the computer on the TV.
I have a tablet but dont use it for Roll 20. I use a program for Technical support (on my day job) called TeamViewer, (teamviewer.com). They have a personnel non commercial free version of their software as well. It is a great remote desktop app. I use that app on my Android phone and tablet to control computers remotely. I can see how we could use a tablet. In our case its easier to pass around the keyboard and mouse (We have a small keyboard / track ball mouse that's pretty small