Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API Scripts dropping again

Looks like we're getting a repeat of last week's issues with the servers crashing under the load of so many people running so many API scripts. Mine just keeps trying to spin up a new sandbox, over and over. Some times it works, most of the time it doesn't. I know I'm not the only one, right? Anyone else seeing this issue tonight? -Phnord
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The devs have been notified of the server issues happening. Please give it some time to see if it clears up.
Thanks Pat S!
Greetings Phnord Prephect ! Thanks for the bug report, our developer team is working now to solve the issues.
The API Server was having some issues. I've got about half back up and the other half should be back up in the next 30 minutes. Sorry for the trouble.

Edited 1453596574
Just wanted to drop a line and say that I'm having the same issue. I just wanted to add my name to the list and not generate a new posting. Thanks for your time --Mike I keep getting the "Spinning up new sandbox. . . " by the way.
We've spun up additional capacity to deal with the surge tonight. Your API sandboxes should be up and running. Let me know if you're still experiencing issues after this point. Thanks!
It's back up, running well so far! Thanks for the quick response, Roll20 Dev Team! Keep up the great work! -Phnord
You're quite welcome! Hopefully this additional capacity should hold us over for a while. We now have 4 API Servers instead of 2. 
Whew! Thanks for the quick response! Seems to be back to normal for me as well. Running a big game tonight, so I was sweating! :)

Edited 1453615898
I wish I could say the same. I'm running a Star Wars Force and Destiny Campaign, spent all day yesterday figuring out my macros and the API gave out. I've tried disabling and re-enabling, copying the script and deleting it, then replacing it, etc etc. Still having issues with the API. I managed to get some tables up that are working in the place of dice rolls, but I'd love to see a fix. Edit: Tried some more troubleshooting, please ignore me.
I'm going to go ahead and call this issue solved for now. Feel free to open a new thread if there are any future issues. Thanks!