Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM looking for players, Pathfinder home brew campaign, Weekly, Tuesdays around 5:00PM central

Title says it all. A long and well planned story driven home brew campaign. Date and time available to change. I'm looking for up to 4 more players, and ill be using a custom Hero Mode system, which allows me to use more powerful and thoughtful encounters. Here are my character creation and Hero Mode explanation topics: Character Creation: Please create a character with the following restrictions: Level 2. We will be using Medium XP speed. Use only Core Paizo Races. Use only Core or Base Paizo classes, additionally you can not use the Gunslinger or Summoner classes. Use point buy for abilities with 25 points. Start with 3,000 gp, you can not buy magical or enchanted equipment. (Exceptions include things such as glowing ink and heatstones, if you are not sure ask in the Questions topic.) Use only Paizo content, including feats, spells, and alternate features. Pick two character Traits, you can not choose rich parents or any other trait that gives you gold directly. Each character must pick an Aspect, please look at the Hero Points and Aspects topic. A deity from this list: <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/gods-3rd-party-publishers/gods-of-porphyra-pdg" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/gods-3rd-party-publishers/gods-of-porphyra-pdg</a> An Occupation. Minimum two hobbies. An instrumental song I can find on YouTube to be played when your character goes into Hero Mode during the heat of battle. Hero Points work differently in my campaign, please look at the Hero Points and Aspects topic. Please use a MythWeaver character sheet which can be found here: <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php</a> Post your finished character in a new topic with your name and class as the title and a link to your MythWeaver sheet in the body. Hero Points and Aspects Every hero in this campaign is special. Mana flows openly through the world of Gaia, this mana is not very powerful, a mage cannot even create a level zero spell using this ambient mana, however some people are born with a connection to this mana, which uses their soul like a prisim to project a specific type of power. These people are called Heroes and the specific form their power manifests as is called their Aspect. ~~~~~Hero Points~~~~~ Hero points are used to enter 'Hero Mode' and have no other function. In Hero Mode a hero moves and thinks at blinding speeds allowing them to take three consecutive turns. During these turns a hero channels the ambient mana around them and uses it to increase their power. A hero gains the following abilities in Hero Mode: Increased speed - The hero takes three consecutive turns. Increased strength of body and mind - The hero gets a +2 circumstance bonus on all Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, Caster Checks, Skill Checks, and almost any roll that uses a d20. Increased connection to their Aspect - Can use your aspects minor ability any number of times during Hero mode. (Each minor ability is still a standard action to complete and at the end of Hero Mode the one minuet counter begins) Fast Healing 1 for those three turns. Immunity to attacks of opportunity. In addition they glow with an aura representing their Aspect and the Garb worn by the hero of their title materializes on them. I will tell each hero their title and upload a picture of their garb as each hero is created and their aspect chosen. After a hero enters Hero Mode they drain the area of ambient mana, no other hero can enter hero mode for the rest of the encounter.&nbsp; Each Hero starts with one hero point, others may be awarded for good role play. a Hero keeps their number of hero points between sessions, except if the Hero has zero points at the beginning of a session, if they have zero points at the beginning of a session they gain one for free. If you have any questions post them in the Questions Topic. ~~~~~Aspects~~~~~ Each hero filters the ambient mana around them through their soul like a prism. This causes each hero to manifest their powers slightly differently. This difference is reflected in the hero's Aspect. Each Aspect has two abilities one is minor the other is major. Minor aspects can be active or passive, active abilities can be used any number of times per day, but only once per minuet. Major aspects can only be used once per day, and cannot be used while in hero mode. Both major and active minor abilities take a standard action to complete. Here is the full list of Aspects and the abilities each aspect grants. ((Removed list from LFG post for space saving)) That's it! This campaign is almost two years in the making and full of roleplay and combat opportunities alike!
I can play! &nbsp;I am so down!
I would really love to join this game! I just started PnP gaming with Pathfinder this month and I'm really loving it so far. The timing is perfect for me too - most games are hard for me since I work evenings and weekends but I am any time Tuesdays until 8pm central. Let me know if there were any character classes/backgrounds you had in mind; I'm open to try anything and really enjoy trying to roleplay different characters.
I PMed you both. Still two slots open!
I have never played pathfinder and up to learn, played D &amp; D before =) point me in the right direction and I am goo to go
Did you play D&amp;D 3.5? That's extreamly close to pathfinder. If you havnt played that Pathfinder can get a little wordy espically during character creation.
If anybody who gets accepted needs character creation help I am more than willing to offer!

Edited 1376290469
I actually haven't played Pathfinder before but am willing to learn and just recently acquired the books. &nbsp;I have some knowledge and experience in 3.5 but not much (like from games like NWN). However I'd still like to join if you guys still have space and don't mind teaching me some of the nuances along the way.
Also, I have some experience in 4e but I doubt that will really be worth much here.
4e and pathfinder are two completely different animals. &nbsp;I don't think there's anything in 4e that translates over to pathfinder.
Fair enough. &nbsp;3.5e (and I guess by extension, Pathfinder) is more in-depth anyway so I don't mind.&nbsp;
Room for one more? I've been playing D&amp;D 3.5 and have been wanting to try Pathfinder. I've got the core book so I can start going over it again.
Yeah we do have room for one more PM me, after this however I'm closing the doors, 6 is plenty of players.
I am game for anything =) seems interesting. The wordy-ness is fine with me.
Thanks This game is a long time comming and a labor of love