Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Silvyre help please

you helped me out with a macro a couple of weeks ago or a week ago or something, dropdown menu with multiple skill rolls in roll templates and stuff, it worked perfectly, but when I tried to add in different/new skills for the thing, it broke, the dropdown menu will display weird stuff. Please help. Current macro is &{template:default} {{name=Skill Roll}} ?{Skill|Spellcraft,{{Roll= [[@{Spellcraft}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Spellcraft}}|Socializing,{{Roll= [[@{Socializing}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Socializing}}|Tools,{{Roll= [[@{Tools}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Tools}}|Acrobatics,{{Roll= [[@{Acrobatics}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Acrobatics}}|Athletics,{{Roll= [[@{Athletics}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Athletics}}|Command,{{Roll= [[@{Command}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Command}}|Stealth,{{Roll= [[@{Stealth}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Stealth}}|Perception,{{Roll= [[@{Perception}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Perception}}|Survival,{{Roll= [[@{Survival}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Survival}}|Lore,{{Roll= [[@{Lore}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Lore}}|Composure,{{Roll= [[@{Composure}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Composure}}}
or, wait, how do I make the HTML notation show up right
&{template:default} {{name=Skill Roll}} ?{Skill|Spellcraft,{{Roll= [[@{Spellcraft}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Spellcraft}}|Socializing,{{Roll= [[@{Socializing}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Socializing}}|Tools,{{Roll= [[@{Tools}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Tools}}|Acrobatics,{{Roll= [[@{Acrobatics}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Acrobatics}}|Athletics,{{Roll= [[@{Athletics}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Athletics}}|Command,{{Roll= [[@{Command}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Command}}|Stealth,{{Roll= [[@{Stealth}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Stealth}}|Perception,{{Roll= [[@{Perception}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Perception}}|Survival,{{Roll= [[@{Survival}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Survival}}|Lore,{{Roll= [[@{Lore}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Lore}}|Composure,{{Roll= [[@{Composure}d6>4!]]}} {{skill= Composure}}}
Okay, when I click on the macro after closing it, not while testing it, it reverts back to what it was before. Odd.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Yeah, you'll have to save it as an Ability to prevent the HTML entities from converting.
Well, I think I've figured out what was wrong. When I duplicated the template character and tried the macro on that, it worked just fine. Must be a bug, or something?