Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello rollers, We just pushed out an update to our official 5th Edition sheet. Here are the changes. Let us know what you think. 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v1.1 Change Notes Character Class and Other resources now have a repeating section to add as many as you need. Monster Importer Monster Importer is now smarter and improved. Better flavor text is pulled in for attacks that are more complex as well as more complex attacks importing correctly. Fixed a bug where the importer was failing to pull in monsters without an armor type or HP formula. NPCs Initiative Macro Button is now set to roll whenever the NPCs name is clicked. Inventory The inventory has been overhauled to allow quantity stacks of items. Coin’s weight is now factored in the total character weight. Fixed a bug where if no armor was selected at all, the default AC wasn’t based on a flat 10 + dexterity modifier. Spells Spells with a Casting Ability modifier are tracking it accurately now. Spells with Healing are now set up correctly as Core Actions New Target + AOE information Higher Level spell effects are added automatically to appropriate spells as a query when casting Spells with damage or healing automatically default to ATTACK output Fixed a bug where spell casting save difficulties were showing NaN if you didn’t have a spell casting ability set.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Big Fid said: This is great. very easy to use.  Having one issue with the 'Attacks & spellcasting' section. i created myself a basic melee attack 'attack' and every time i roll with it, it seems to add advantage? it will show something like; 10 | 16 each one being a seperate roll. Am I doing something stupid here? On the settings tab (gear), just to the right of Spells, there in the General Options section is a drop down to set if you want Advantage to be rolled by default. The reason I picked always roll advantage is because that's the way it's traditionally been done on the other 5E sheets. You also have the option to changing it to asking you every time you roll or for it to never roll Advantage.
The monster importer is definitely working much better. Thanks for the quick turnaround on this!
Just found another issue with the monster importer: If an action description has any text in parentheses, it gets imported into a "hit" calculation. An example is the following: Bite : Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage, and the target is Grappled (escape DC 11). Until this grapple ends, the target is Restrained , and the frog can't bite another target. The text "escape DC 11" gets imported as "on hit 2". This isn't so bad. It's a lot easier to delete extra content than to have to input a bunch of stuff.
Is there a way to alter saving throw values? Right now things like Ring of Protection aren't adding +1 to saving throws when they're dragged over. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
IamSparticles said: Just found another issue with the monster importer: If an action description has any text in parentheses, it gets imported into a "hit" calculation. An example is the following: Bite : Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) piercing damage, and the target is Grappled (escape DC 11). Until this grapple ends, the target is Restrained , and the frog can't bite another target. The text "escape DC 11" gets imported as "on hit 2". This isn't so bad. It's a lot easier to delete extra content than to have to input a bunch of stuff. I'm going to keep working on making the importer smarter and smarter but at the end of the day there are going to be a few exceptions that don't come across cleanly. Golbiez said: Is there a way to alter saving throw values? Right now things like Ring of Protection aren't adding +1 to saving throws when they're dragged over.  Not yet. I'm planning on adding a section for global bonuses but it's not in yet.
The higher level query is not well worded, it's confusing and it doesn't seem to work. I only get the base damage even though a ton of 3-D dice are thrown.  Many more dice than even if I had put the highest level spell slot in. 
I have an issue with the spells not adding modifiers to the die roll. Is it understood that we are to add the modifiers ourselves or is it simply a coding issue? The first level cure wounds spell isn't adding the characters wisdom modifier to the roll.
This is a pretty great feature. Well done. Thunderous Smite does not appear to be in the compendium. Apologies if this was addressed somewhere else.

Edited 1454164906
Hi&nbsp; SavageBastard - all items in the Compendium are from the&nbsp; SRD5 - if you see something is not included, it is likely that it was not available in the document. If you have any additional questions on the Compendium please use the Compendium thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2877778/update-1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2877778/update-1</a>... We are asking users respond here about the Sheet specifically. Thanks!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Moved here from older, Pro, thread) Venter L. said (over here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2832441/5th-edit" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2832441/5th-edit</a>... ): Lot of great stuff going on in the new OGL sheet. I haven't found where you select the death s aving throw roll as a whisper to the GM. I see where you can make all rolls a whisper, but was wondering if that's in there and I'm just missing it or if it's something for the future? Thanks!
I assume you are aware, but I'm no longer able to drag entries from the Compendium to the "Attacks & Spellcasting" sections. &nbsp;Adding entries to the Equipment list works fine. I'm using latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 and tested by creating a new game. Love this sheet, by the way! &nbsp;You guys and gals are amazing.
I'm looking for a way to output to chat the NPC's traits section. It's a repeating section with a name and a description section that I would like to be able to output it to chat as a reminder. If you could make those rollable that would be great.&nbsp;

Edited 1454178245
Jen
Pro
So I hear (above) that the monster importer is working better... but all the monsters I was having trouble importing to sheets, I still can't fully import. Are you still working on / has anyone had luck with items from the&nbsp; big list from the other thread ? All right, I think I figured it out... I can't import from the compendium to overwrite those existing sheets, so I can't correct my old ones. (It worked for the others.) Looks like I just need to make new versions and then re-link my tokens. (Still worth it!)
.... except Succubus/Incubus, that one is still busted. Thanks again for all your hard work on these! :D
I would like the Class Resources to include and option for introduce macros and make rolls. For example you can add the fighter Second wind Class ability and have a button for make the roll automatically for 1d10+fighter level extra HP.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From another thread: Ogan M. said: Hi I'm trying to fill a spellbook for a druid and any spell I fill seems to be adding the strength bonus to the spell damage and doesn't roll to hit. Spells that are added through the compendium are all right but if i fill the fields in the exact the same manner, it doesn't work. Does anyone know how can i fix this? Also any change I introduce to the spell is not updated. So if I initiate a spell like this all I get is this: which is 1d6+strength bonus. And any change I introduce to it doesn't seem to apply
why aren't my attack macros rolling damage dice? I drag and drop shortsword/longbow into equipment, they show up in attacks but when i click the macro it only rolls the d20, no damage is there more i should be doing?
Also the tool proficiency and passive perception boxes over lap the skills box and i can't select proficiency in stealth.
Silvyre said: From another thread: Ogan M. said: Hi I'm trying to fill a spellbook for a druid and any spell I fill seems to be adding the strength bonus to the spell damage and doesn't roll to hit. Spells that are added through the compendium are all right but if i fill the fields in the exact the same manner, it doesn't work. Does anyone know how can i fix this? Also any change I introduce to the spell is not updated. So if I initiate a spell like this all I get is this: which is 1d6+strength bonus. And any change I introduce to it doesn't seem to apply I've found a solution. once you have completely, and correctly, entered all the information in all the correct bits, return to the CORE area on the character sheet (the first page) Here, you will notice that your spell is now located in the 'attacks and spellcasting' category. you can hover over your new spell, and click the cog. here, you can change everything you need with your spell, including changing the modifier for your attack and damage.&nbsp; i tried making the poison spray cantrip before. its damage is a d12 on hit, no modifier. but i thought it was strange that the strength modifier was included on the damage. just remember to tick/untick the small boxes for attack, damage, damage 2, saving throw etc. for me, the poison cantrip only needs damage and saving throw ticked, as no ranged spell attack is needed hope this helps :D
Silvyre
Forum Champion
John E. said: Also the tool proficiency and passive perception boxes over lap the skills box and i can't select proficiency in stealth. Could you perhaps post a screenshot and your screen resolution? Thanks. Timabant said: I've found a solution. once you have completely, and correctly, entered all the information in all the correct bits, return to the CORE area on the character sheet (the first page) Here, you will notice that your spell is now located in the 'attacks and spellcasting' category. you can hover over your new spell, and click the cog. here, you can change everything you need with your spell, including changing the modifier for your attack and damage. Thanks, Timabant !
hi folks, can we possibly add a function to roll initiative and have it added to tracker? that would be really helpful! i tried to add a macro for doing it off of the attributes in the sheet, but it doesn't recognize dexterity: &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name} rolls for Initiative}} {{You rolled=[[1d20+@{floor((@{dexterity}-10)/2)}&{tracker}]]}}

Edited 1454211817
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Leon O. This function has already been implemented. To use it, select a Token that Represents a Character . Then, while selecting that Token, click the INITIATIVE button central to the Core tab of the Character Sheet of the Character which that Token represents (ensure the Turn Tracker has been opened prior to doing so). Otherwise, you can access this button using %{Character Name|initiative}, where Character Name is to be replaced by the name of your Character as it appears on the Journal tab of the Sidebar.
Timabant said: Silvyre said: From another thread: Ogan M. said: Hi I'm trying to fill a spellbook for a druid and any spell I fill seems to be adding the strength bonus to the spell damage and doesn't roll to hit. Spells that are added through the compendium are all right but if i fill the fields in the exact the same manner, it doesn't work. Does anyone know how can i fix this? Also any change I introduce to the spell is not updated. So if I initiate a spell like this all I get is this: which is 1d6+strength bonus. And any change I introduce to it doesn't seem to apply I've found a solution. once you have completely, and correctly, entered all the information in all the correct bits, return to the CORE area on the character sheet (the first page) Here, you will notice that your spell is now located in the 'attacks and spellcasting' category. you can hover over your new spell, and click the cog. here, you can change everything you need with your spell, including changing the modifier for your attack and damage.&nbsp; i tried making the poison spray cantrip before. its damage is a d12 on hit, no modifier. but i thought it was strange that the strength modifier was included on the damage. just remember to tick/untick the small boxes for attack, damage, damage 2, saving throw etc. for me, the poison cantrip only needs damage and saving throw ticked, as no ranged spell attack is needed hope this helps :D Wow...that is hard to find. Why is that info not on the spell casting page where you first enter the information? One of my players just spent like 45 min trying a bunch of different things before I looked here for a solution.
Leon O. said: hi folks, can we possibly add a function to roll initiative and have it added to tracker? that would be really helpful! i tried to add a macro for doing it off of the attributes in the sheet, but it doesn't recognize dexterity: &{template:default} {{name=@{selected|token_name} rolls for Initiative}} {{You rolled=[[1d20+@{floor((@{dexterity}-10)/2)}&{tracker}]]}} Hello, I'm using this macro for initiative, it also lets you choose if the roll has advantage or disadvantage: ?{Initiative Type|Normal, [[1d20 + @{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|initmod}&{tracker}]]|Advantage, [[2d20kh1 + @{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|initmod}&{tracker}]]|Disadvantage, [[2d20kl1 + @{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|initmod}&{tracker}]]}
Hey Danilo, you can simplify that to just: [[ ?{Initiative Type|Normal, 1d20|Advantage, 2d20kh1|Disadvantage, 2d20kl1} + @{selected|dexterity_mod} + @{selected|initmod} &{tracker} ]]
I can't find a place to indicate my expertise in a skill on this sheet?
Rachel F. said: I can't find a place to indicate my expertise in a skill on this sheet? The settings tab (the gear icon) lets you indicate which skills are expert, and whether or not you are a Jack of All Trades.
In addition to the other problems with entering custom spells (not getting the right DC / damage without editing on the Core page, etc) there's no way to specify the Higher Level dice. I see on the compendium entry for Fireball that this is handled with two fields (one for the number of dice per level, one for the die size), but these fields don't appear in the spell editor.
Maybe I am dumb. But I dont see any place to put armor onto this character sheet. Is the intention really to have the users calculate it themselves? Given that no one else seems to have a problem with this, I am assuming I am missing something. What am I missing?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Itssosublime said: I Noticed when I Bring over monsters and try to use things like passive perception / stealth the second roll does not work right... Its missing a second bracket to make the roll work properly... Just a minor Issue but thought you would like the Feedback... Looking forward to watching this develop and add new and even more amazing features !!! You have no idea how many hours I've spent uploading monsters... This will save me so much time !!! PS: I know its off topic but is there any chance that at some point you can add the monster actions as a macro so it could easily be selected as a token action ?? This would be an amazing addition and make it even more efficient for us GM's??
Inspired O. said: Maybe I am dumb. But I dont see any place to put armor onto this character sheet. Is the intention really to have the users calculate it themselves? Given that no one else seems to have a problem with this, I am assuming I am missing something. What am I missing? If you put a suit of armor and/or shield from the compendium into your Equipment section, the sheet will try to autocalculate the AC, just like it will automatically add attack entries for weapons. I didn't notice this at first. If you add multiple sets of armor to your Equipment page you'll get a warning that it couldn't figure out what the heck is going on and didn't update. It's not exactly flexible, transparent, or discoverable but ultimately handles the simple case of armor + shield. For everyone else, the AC field is editable. I think I'd prefer an "Equipment" tab myself.
Hi All Probably a really dumb question but here goes.... I have set up a character sheet, changed it to NPC and then copied a goblin in to the sheet - that works great (well done to Roll20 - this is awesome!). The goblin has two different attacks, a scimitar and a shortbow. I can see that if I click on those attacks within the sheet it rolls the attack in the chat window and then if I click on the attack name in the chat window it rolls damage - so far so good. I now want to assign these attacks as Token Actions so that when I select a goblin token the scimitar and shortbow actions appear as "buttons" (ie without having to open the sheet). Once I know how to do this I then intend to use this sheet to set up "Mook" tokens (as per the token tips and tricks entry). Help - please!
There is a bug in the logic of calculating AC in the event that a weapon with a magical bonus is added to the inventory prior to adding non-magical armor. Steps to reproduce: Create a new character, set the Dexterity to 14. &nbsp;AC will be properly calculated to 12. Add a blank inventory spot. Search the compendium for a Longsword, drag the Longsword +3 to the blank inventory spot. &nbsp;AC still properly calculated as a 12. Add a blank inventory spot. Search the compendium for Plate Armor, drag the Plate Armor to the blank inventory spot. &nbsp;AC is now calculated as 21, where it should be 18. As best I can tell it is pulling the magic mod value from the longsword and applying it to the non-magical plate armor as part of the AC calculation.
Tim Barnes said: Hi All Probably a really dumb question but here goes.... I have set up a character sheet, changed it to NPC and then copied a goblin in to the sheet - that works great (well done to Roll20 - this is awesome!). The goblin has two different attacks, a scimitar and a shortbow. I can see that if I click on those attacks within the sheet it rolls the attack in the chat window and then if I click on the attack name in the chat window it rolls damage - so far so good. I now want to assign these attacks as Token Actions so that when I select a goblin token the scimitar and shortbow actions appear as "buttons" (ie without having to open the sheet). Once I know how to do this I then intend to use this sheet to set up "Mook" tokens (as per the token tips and tricks entry). Help - please! Unless I am mistaken there isn't an automatic, or simple way to do this, but if there is someone please jump in and correct me. &nbsp;The best option seems to be the following: In the options enable the macro bar. Drag the roll down to the macro bar, creating a god awful named button. Press this button to activate the ability. Click in the chat box and press the up arrow (this will put the last command executed in the chat box). Copy this command. Switch to the Abilities tab and add a new ability, naming it accordingly, the paste this command to the new ability. Check the token action box. This will create a token action as though you have rolled it from the sheet. &nbsp;It may seem like a lot of work, but it does accomplish what you are looking for.
Bug Report: If you create an "Attack" but leave it blank, then attempt to add a weapon to the inventory, it will not automatically create a new attack based on the weapon added. Steps to reproduce: From a new character sheet, click to add a new item in the Attacks & Spellcasting section. &nbsp;Do not modify anything, simply create the attack and press the cog to close the attack configuration. Click add in the Equipment section of the sheet. Search for a Battleaxe, drag the Battleaxe to the newly created equipment slot, you will then see that no attack gets created.
Tim Barnes said: Hi All Probably a really dumb question but here goes.... I have set up a character sheet, changed it to NPC and then copied a goblin in to the sheet - that works great (well done to Roll20 - this is awesome!). The goblin has two different attacks, a scimitar and a shortbow. I can see that if I click on those attacks within the sheet it rolls the attack in the chat window and then if I click on the attack name in the chat window it rolls damage - so far so good. I now want to assign these attacks as Token Actions so that when I select a goblin token the scimitar and shortbow actions appear as "buttons" (ie without having to open the sheet). Once I know how to do this I then intend to use this sheet to set up "Mook" tokens (as per the token tips and tricks entry). Help - please! I just made two macros in the Settings tab and set them as a token actions. %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} and %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action} That will take care of %80 of the critters out there for rolling the first two attacks While we are at it also make these for initiative %{selected|npc_init} &nbsp; for the NPCs %{selected|initiative} &nbsp; for the PC's, make that one visible to players.&nbsp; Happy Gaming! &nbsp;
Ed S. said: I'm looking for a way to output to chat the NPC's traits section. It's a repeating section with a name and a description section that I would like to be able to output it to chat as a reminder. If you could make those rollable that would be great.&nbsp; Cracked it. You need to make a separate macro for each one and we don't know how many traits an NPC has without having the sheet open, but it's doable. Steal this /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc} }} It would be nice to have a way to output all of the repeating NPC_traits with one button.
Ed S. said: I just made two macros in the Settings tab and set them as a token actions. %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} and %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action} I like the macros, nice.&nbsp; But they ignore the Auto Damage Roll setting ... damage is rolled no matter what is set in the NPC General Options :(

Edited 1454284444
Ed S. said: I just made two macros in the Settings tab and set them as a token actions. %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} and %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action} Mark R. said:&nbsp; I like the macros, nice. But they ignore the Auto Damage Roll setting ... damage is rolled no matter what is set in the NPC General Options :( Aah add&nbsp;@{selected|wtype} at the end that should fix it. That didn't fix it, hmm, well it's a start. They should give us token action buttons! Edit again: I found that there are two output options on the attack rolls,the _ npc_action &nbsp;which will roll the damage automatically and the&nbsp; _npc_atk which will only roll the attack. I can't get it to follow the options, but you can decide on your own if you want it to roll or not.&nbsp;
What's the best way to track superiority dice or ki?&nbsp;

Edited 1454289569
Loving the new sheet so far. One question/request, I tried dragging spells into the NPC's Actions field (with a blank entry, with attack checked/unchecked, with nothing in there yet) and it only changes the NPC's name to the name of the spell. Is that functionality that can/will be added?
Greg C. said: What's the best way to track superiority dice or ki?&nbsp; On the "Core" page there's a few boxes right below the personality characteristic, one labeled "Class Resource", the other "Other Resource". You can fill in the max, current, and name of the resources. If you need more of these, mouse under them to get the repeating field add/modify buttons. Note that the first two boxes aren't repeating fields, but are in fact named attributes named class_resource and other_resource. If you want to track any of your resources on your token's colored bars, put those resource in the two top resource boxes. Your DM can then assign token bars to them using the names above.
I'm unsure if this has been asked before, but from what I've notice, Whenever rolling for a critical attack, it will only do normal crit rules (doubles all dice), what the problem is, is that when you edit the crit dice for being a half-orc, it isn't applying that extra die. If their is a way to fix it, could use the help! :3
Hi guys, I am sure I am an idiot but I cannot get the pop out character sheet to stay open when I click on the compendium? The character sheet closes so I cannot drag and drop to populate the character sheet. What am I doing wrong?.&nbsp;
I am not having an issue with the sheet closing... but dragging/dropping into a popped out sheet is definitely not intuitive (meaning I can't seem to get it working at all).
Kevin said: I am not having an issue with the sheet closing... but dragging/dropping into a popped out sheet is definitely not intuitive (meaning I can't seem to get it working at all). I don't think you can currently do this, and I'm not sure we'll ever be able to get it working, since the way browsers work I"m not sure it's possible to drag-and-drop between totally different windows. I'll look into it, though.
Riley D. said: Kevin said: I am not having an issue with the sheet closing... but dragging/dropping into a popped out sheet is definitely not intuitive (meaning I can't seem to get it working at all). I don't think you can currently do this, and I'm not sure we'll ever be able to get it working, since the way browsers work I"m not sure it's possible to drag-and-drop between totally different windows. I'll look into it, though. Honestly it "kind of" works on the Shaped Sheet that Kryx is working on now... though it is inconsistent and odd... &nbsp;I will see if I can get a screenshot of it working.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ed S. said: The higher level query is not well worded, it's confusing and it doesn't seem to work. I only get the base damage even though a ton of 3-D dice are thrown. &nbsp;Many more dice than even if I had put the highest level spell slot in.&nbsp; Azhigatex said: I have an issue with the spells not adding modifiers to the die roll. Is it understood that we are to add the modifiers ourselves or is it simply a coding issue? The first level cure wounds spell isn't adding the characters wisdom modifier to the roll. Can you two provide examples. It's working in my tests. GenKitty said: (Moved here from older, Pro, thread) Venter L. said (over here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2832441/5th-edit" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2832441/5th-edit</a>... ): Lot of great stuff going on in the new OGL sheet. I haven't found where you select the death s aving throw roll as a whisper to the GM. I see where you can make all rolls a whisper, but was wondering if that's in there and I'm just missing it or if it's something for the future? Thanks! You can set rolls to whisper to the GM from the settings tab. This applies to all rolls and not just death saves.&nbsp; Pixelscapes said: .... except Succubus/Incubus, that one is still busted. Thanks again for all your hard work on these! :D Monsters with a "/" forward slash in their names should be importing correctly now. Let me know if there's still any issues. John E. said: why aren't my attack macros rolling damage dice? I drag and drop shortsword/longbow into equipment, they show up in attacks but when i click the macro it only rolls the d20, no damage is there more i should be doing? The default setting is to roll damage from the chat output of the attack roll. Click on the name of the attack to roll damage in the chat tab. You can change this behavior from the General Settings section on the settings page. Ken said: In addition to the other problems with entering custom spells (not getting the right DC / damage without editing on the Core page, etc) there's no way to specify the Higher Level dice. I see on the compendium entry for Fireball that this is handled with two fields (one for the number of dice per level, one for the die size), but these fields don't appear in the spell editor. I plan on taking another pass at making the features you get when importing a spell from the compendium accessible to custom spells. It will come in the next update. Kevin said: As best I can tell it is pulling the magic mod value from the longsword and applying it to the non-magical plate armor as part of the AC calculation. Thanks, I'll take a look. Dalton B. said: I'm unsure if this has been asked before, but from what I've notice, Whenever rolling for a critical attack, it will only do normal crit rules (doubles all dice), what the problem is, is that when you edit the crit dice for being a half-orc, it isn't applying that extra die. If their is a way to fix it, could use the help! :3 Thanks for pointing this out. I'll figure out why the custom crit isn't piping in correctly. Thanks again everyone for their feedback and bug reports. It's really appreciated!
@ Ed S. @ Kevin @ Mark R. Many thanks - particularly Ed S. - worked a treat - screen shot below - can now incorporate an emote within the token action - prefer showing damage at the same time: