Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20

@ Ed S. @ Kevin @ Mark R. Many thanks - particularly Ed S. - worked a treat - screen shot below - can now incorporate an emote within the token action - prefer showing damage at the same time:

Edited 1454361502
Steve K. said: Ed S. said: The higher level query is not well worded, it's confusing and it doesn't seem to work. I only get the base damage even though a ton of 3-D dice are thrown.  Many more dice than even if I had put the highest level spell slot in.  Azhigatex said: I have an issue with the spells not adding modifiers to the die roll. Is it understood that we are to add the modifiers ourselves or is it simply a coding issue? The first level cure wounds spell isn't adding the characters wisdom modifier to the roll. Can you two provide examples. It's working in my tests. What is this supposed to mean?  That's incomprehensible. A simple "Spell slot level used?" with a drop down would be very clear.  If I select 0 as it suggests to cast at the standard level it vomits out 15 dice as shown here. When I choose a number higher than 0 it does this. But still only gives me the standard damage.  Edit: I tried it with a new character, fresh, and it worked. I still think the query could be more clear and better designed (drop-down), but it did work. I will need to scrap that character and start fresh, it seems to be bugged. Even after removing the old spells and doing it again it still won't process the higher level query correctly.  One other thing, could we get the Character's name added to the output template? i was switching between characters and have no idea which was from which. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
@Ed S, I like the idea of a select and you pick the level you're casting the spell. That would require some dynamic math in the background but I agree it would be cleaner and easier to understand.
Hey all, Thanks for your hard work on the new 5e sheet! It's really nice to use in-game. Happy to see elsewhere that the equipment/attacks sections will have a way to be reordered at some point. Some other feedback/feature requests: + The text fields on the sheet have text that's too large for some of the ideals/flaws/bonds from the PHB. It would be great if we could have a control to change the text size, or at least smaller text in general. + The controls to change the size of the boxes in the right column work great until you close the sheet. When you open the sheet back up, the size has reverted to its default. + There's no way to bold text for feature/trait names a la 5e pregenerated character sheets. It would be nice to have a little more visual clarity here. + Armor & shields are pretty weird right now – anything put in the equipment list from the Compendium is considered "equipped" automatically for the purposes of calculation. You can't carry two pieces of armor, or carry a shield on your back. A simple solution would be to add a check box next to item entries that allowed you to consider them equipped or stowed. Maybe even better would be a separate section just for arms & armor. + When you have enough items in the equipment field that the field expands, the text overlaps the last item in the list. I added some dessert items to a PC's sheet in the image below to demonstrate this. + Sometime between yesterday's morning session and me writing this post, the formatting on all my PCs sheets has become messed up – fields are overlapping, XP is now in a third row, etc. Not sure if this is site-wide or I did something to cause this somehow, but you can see the results in this post's image. Thanks so much for the new sheet, really. I'm very happy to be using it and look forward to some improvements in the future!
Steve K. Timabant offered a workaround for it. When you log the spell only in the spell section, it spits out basic die rolls with no modifier. Once you enter into the spellcasting and weapon section (on the core screen) and insert your modifiers, it works fine.

Edited 1454382326
All monster stats and magic items appear in the player compendium...anyway we can limit access to this? eg only give PCs access to PHB info, and not DMG/MM?
NPC skills do not have a second bracket at the end for the second "advantage" d20 roll. This keeps the second roll from being rolled, so far adding a bracket after the number in the "attributes & abilities" section fixes the problem but hopefully it will be fixed in teh next update so that we don't have to manually input the brackets for every monster sheet that has skills.
Kevin said: I am not having an issue with the sheet closing... but dragging/dropping into a popped out sheet is definitely not intuitive (meaning I can't seem to get it working at all). Sorry if this has already been answered. I was having the same problem and getting very frustrated till I saw that I had clicked the auto-pop out button on the settings tab (not on the character sheet). Hope that helps.
Ed S. said: Edit: I tried it with a new character, fresh, and it worked. I still think the query could be more clear and better designed (drop-down), but it did work. I will need to scrap that character and start fresh, it seems to be bugged. Even after removing the old spells and doing it again it still won't process the higher level query correctly.  @Steve; I have found a pretty bad bug that was causing this to fail for me. When you have Autoroll Damage and Cits  checked on it will not roll the Higher level spell damage. When autoroll is not turned on it will roll and show the Higher level cast , but there is a serious failure that happens when you switch between the two.  Once you switch it breaks the attack section on the CORE page .  None of the attacks will respond even regular weapon attacks. One the spell page some of the spells fail and output "No ability was found for %{Xag Plofygh the bard|repeating_attack_attack_empty}" while  others seem to work but only on the spell page. Switching the autoroll selection seems to fix it, but without the crit damage.  I have tried this with multiple characters and even one without spells and switching the autoroll broke attack on that sheet as well.  This is just with PC characters. 
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ed S. said: I have tried this with multiple characters and even one without spells and switching the autoroll broke attack on that sheet as well.  I see what you mean about the higher damage not being displayed in the auto-damage template. However, for the attacks breaking when you switch between sections, I'm not getting that to happen. Can you give me steps to reproduce?

Edited 1454441732
I figured out how to do those animated gifs.
It stays broken until you delete the weapons and start over. 
Does anyone know if I change my campaign's settings for the character sheets from "5th Edition - Community Contributed" to "5th Edition OGL" what will happen to my current sheets? I don't want to switch and have them disappear as I'll need them for my player's to reference for the switch. 
Sean H. said: Does anyone know if I change my campaign's settings for the character sheets from "5th Edition - Community Contributed" to "5th Edition OGL" what will happen to my current sheets? I don't want to switch and have them disappear as I'll need them for my player's to reference for the switch.  Some  of the inputs (name, class, etc) seem to carry over but basically almost everything important other than the ability scores gets lost

Edited 1454456292
Silvyre
Forum Champion
They won't get "lost", exactly; the Attributes generated by the prior sheet are kept (such that if you switch back to the prior sheet, nothing will be lost). It's just that the majority of Attributes used on the prior sheet differ from the ones used on this sheet (i.e. most fields on the sheet won't populate with the prior Attribute values).
Sean H. said: Does anyone know if I change my campaign's settings for the character sheets from "5th Edition - Community Contributed" to "5th Edition OGL" what will happen to my current sheets? I don't want to switch and have them disappear as I'll need them for my player's to reference for the switch.  I recommend making a backup copy of the game first, with same players, journal entries, etc. That way you can reference the old sheets while fixing up the new ones, and can revert back to using the copy if things don't pan out the way you thought.

Edited 1454476166
John E. said: Also the tool proficiency and passive perception boxes over lap the skills box and i can't select proficiency in stealth. I am having the same problem. Windows 10, Chrome up to date, Screen resolution 1080p Update: Issue only appears in Chrome. In Firefox the same sheets look fine. 
Thank you for your work on this sheet! Just a couple of bugs: The chain shirt seems to calculate AC incorrectly as the full Dexterity bonus is being added?  Also when I have "never roll for advantage on" and "automatically roll for damage" then extra damage dice are rolled. Though these are not added it is a bit confusing! Is it rolling in case there is a critical?
New-ish to Roll20 GMing, so want to ask before playing around and messing up: if we are currently in a 5e game, using 5e sheets, is there any way to add these?replace the old?.. or must you start a new game entirely? (and possibly Copy the game but choose new sheets?... which sorta makes me nervous LOL
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Mark D., to ease your mind before the move, read up on Character Sheets on our wiki; the creator of a game can add or change the character sheet at any time by going to the Game Details Page for the game, going to Settings , and selecting Game Settings. If you are changing from one sheet to another, it is suggested that you copy your game (found via the same Settings dropdown as earlier) first because every character sheet is a little different in how they label attributes (and it is attributes that make up the bulk of a character sheet), and while none of the information from the previous sheet is lost per-se, the new character sheet is looking for differently labeled items and doesn't know to display these items so you'll see a lot of empty fields on the new sheet. Copying your game before making the switch allows you to more easily fill in the new boxes and fields with the peace of mind that if you don't like the changes you can always go back to the previous copy of your game. I hope this helped!
It does, GenKitty, very much, thanks!
Sebastian K. said: John E. said: Also the tool proficiency and passive perception boxes over lap the skills box and i can't select proficiency in stealth. I am having the same problem. Windows 10, Chrome up to date, Screen resolution 1080p Update: Issue only appears in Chrome. In Firefox the same sheets look fine.  I noticed a similar issue. For me it was caused by the browser zoom feature. My browser zoom was set to something other than 100%. When I changed it back to 100% the sheet looked fine.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jon J. said: Also when I have "never roll for advantage on" and "automatically roll for damage" then extra damage dice are rolled. Though these are not added it is a bit confusing! Is it rolling in case there is a critical? Yes. The way the dice parcer works is has to roll everything at the same time. With the roll damage automatically option it has to roll everything that  might be displayed, including critical damage. Where, the roll damage manually option doesn't do this because it allows you to roll piecemail, only rolling damage or a critical if you see you've succeeded in hitting.
Thanks for the prompt reply!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From another thread: Barry said: I've read the wiki and don't see a solution at this point. When I click on the word "strength" on the core part of the character sheet for saving throws, it rolls the save, but does not add the strength modifier or proficiency modifier. The other saves do not seem add bonuses either. The other parts of the sheet work great such as skill checks and ability checks. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We put out an update to the sheet today. Follow  this link to continue talking about the 5E sheet.