Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e (Actoba)] sheet not adding initiative_overall A&A

Banging my head wondering why I cant get The Aaron's group intiative to work.. realized there is no initiative_overall attribute/ability listed on the A&A tab. The character sheet is filled out properly (Methinks...).  I understand that the A&A's are created as the data is filled in.  If I create a new character there is no attribute for either initiative or initiative_overall --if I type a '0' in the 'bonus' field as opposed to entering nothing an attribute for initiative will appear, but this does not include DEX bonus, etc.  I need the initiative_overall for the GI.  Is this field not added automatically? Can I force it to appear?  If I just add it it does not seem connected to the actual initiative number. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Autocalculate fields are not backed by attributes, so won't show up in that tab.  You can still reference them though, and GroupInitiative works with them. (Actoba's sheet is the one I'm using currently).  Actoba's does have the initiative and npc initiative separated, so there are a few hoops you have to jump through to get a configuration that works for both players and npcs.  I'll have to check my settings later (or you can check the GroupInitiative thread for details), but the basic idea revolves around adding a rule for players like: !group-init --add-group --Bare initiative_overall --Bare pcinit And NPCs like this: !group-init --add-group --Bare npc_initiative_overall You then just need to manually add an attribute to each of the PCs named pcinit with the value of 0.  That will allow the first rule to match on PCs and use the initiative_overall autocalc field, but allow NPCs to fall through to the npc_initiative_overall rule. Note: You may need to remove existing group rules (!group-init --del-group 1) and swap the above two if you got them out of order (!group-init --promote 2).  Check the help for details and to review the group rules: !group-init --help And certainly PM me if you continue having problems. =D

Edited 1454445613
Silvyre
Forum Champion
@{initiative_overall} is @{dexterity_mod} + @{initiative} Hope this helps.
...Like magic!  :-D    Thanks again, guys.  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem!  Hope that solved your problems!