Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder Simple] HP Question and Requests

Hello. I'm going to be starting a new campaign shortly and am considering using the Pathfinder Simple character sheet rather than the standard Pathfinder sheet in order to keep from overwhelming my players. I have a question and some requests. 1. I've been trying to find a way to link a token's first bar to their HP on the character sheet. Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the appropriate attributes are HP|max and HPCurrent, and I don't see a way to combine them into a single bar. Am I missing something? 2. I love that this sheet automatically calculates encumbrance for you. It doesn't seem to count currency, though. Is there a chance that could be added? 3. I noticed that the built-in macro for crit damage rolls damage once and then multiplies it, rather than rolling it multiple times and adding it, which the rules as written require. Is it possible that this could be changed to follow the RAW? Thanks in advance! -Joe
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joe, I am not the sheet's creator, but I had a quick look yesterday.  I believe there may be some issues to consider. HP attributes: The HP issue can easily be fixed in the sheet by changing the attribute @{HP|max} to @{HPCurrnt_max}.  Token's using @{HPCurrent} would then have current and max so that a linked status bar would work properly.  @{HP|max} would become a deprecated attribute.  As a stop-gap I think @{HP|max} could be changed to a hidden field with a value of @{HP_max}.  This should prevent problems for existing macros that use @{HP|max}.  Not tested, but I think that should work. Coin Weight: Adding coin weight should be easy as well.  I quick fix is to use the current currencies as Total coins, not necessarily what is carried.  An additional row of "carried" currency should probably be added and included in the total weight calculation... Crit Damge: this is a problem.  The way the sheet is designed does not provide separate attributes for the #of damage dice and the "size" of damage die.  So, I'm assuming that is why the sheet author went with multiplying damage vs RAW ("A critical hit means that you roll your damage more than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls together.")  If the sheet is left as is, I don't see how the macro formula for crit damage can actually be corrected.  Changing the current damage attribute from one attribute to two would allow for a proper crit damage calc, but would break existing macros.  ;-(
Thanks for taking a look at this, Vince. HP attributes: I'd be happy with whatever works, but just off the top of my head, wouldn't @{HP} and @{HP|max} be less confusing than @{HPCurrent} and @{HPCurrent_max}? Coin weight: That sounds good to me. Crit damage: What about adding the damage to itself the appropriate number of times? (i.e. instead of changing 1d6+1 to 2d6+2, roll 1d6+1+1d6+1) I got to thinking about how I could write a macro to do something like this, and here's what I came up with:  /gr ?{Damage Dice|1d6} + ?{Damage Dice} + ceil({(?{Multiplier|2} - 2) * 0.1, 0}kh1) * ?{Damage Dice} + ceil({(?{Multiplier} - 3) * 0.1, 0}kh1) * ?{Damage Dice} + ?{Multiplier}*?{Modifier} It's certainly not elegant, nor is it idiot-proof, but given valid input, it works. It assumes that the crit multiplier will always be 2, 3, or 4, and it breaks if a crit multiplier higher than 12 is entered. Both of these limitations are rather easily adjusted. It also shows 4 sets of damage dice being rolled even if only 2 or 3 are needed, which can't be avoided. All that being said, is such a change worthwhile? Since I'm a Plus subscriber and don't have access to custom sheets, I can't actually make any changes on my own. Are they something you or or another friendly sheet author might be willing to work on? Thanks again! -Joe
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
 I agree that @{HP} is the most logical method, but we have to work with what's been established...  It's more than likely other people using the sheet are using HPCurrent, so I wouldn't wan't to break that.  HP|max actually will not populate max for HP anyhow, the syntax is not correct.  It would need to be HP_max to work properly.  I thought that changing one attribute vs two is probably the least disruptive. I know we can completely substitute everything for crit damage using queries, but it would be nice to populate values using those already entered on the sheet if possible. I'll have to take a closer look at the crit damage macro...  Is it possible to just use the damage roll X amount of times for crits and just ignore the crit damage roll on the sheet? I should have time this week.  I'll try and make the changes.  Unless anyone else would like to jump on it?
Gotcha. One change is definitely better in a case like that. As far as my macro goes, I only wrote it using queries so I could play around with the numbers more easily for testing. It should still work if you substitute @{wep1dmg} for ?{Damage Dice}, @{wep1critmult} for ?{Multiplier}, and @{wep1mwk}+@{wep1enh}+.....etc. for ?{Modifier}.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Joe.  I'll have a look tomorrow after work.