Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Devin Night Tokens too small

Edited 1376845245
Hi all,  I know there is a thread like this that I found with a search. It sounds like the problem is solved from there however this is not the case. The Tokens are still small, at least the ones I just bought. It is the North Pack.
Once you place a token on the map, you just have to click it then drag a corner-dot to change the size. (Hold ALT down to make it not-self-adjust-to-the-size-of-the-grid.) The token defaults to a single square in size when placed on the map the first time. I frequently have to re-size each token every time I put them on a new map, because no two of my maps are ever at the same scale it seems! This is good because you can make small, medium, large, and huge versions of the same critter!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Marcus B.,  if, after trying Phnord's suggestion, you continue to have problems please let me know. Phnord Prephect , Im curious, why are no two maps the same scale? Unless you change the grid size the roll20 grid is the same scale on all maps.  - Gauss
The size issue here, I believe, is the extra transparent padding around Devin night's tokens when he updated them months ago. The problem has yet to be fixed.
Thank you for all the answers. The problem with manual scaling is that to make it big enough I have to almost double it and then it is so large that selecting a token standing next to it becomes impossible because it is in the way and overlying the other token. Not to mention that the labels are scaled as well. It is indeed the transparency, I got some from his website and they have the same issue. Alas I can at least fix that easily.
Hi Gauss Mostly it's because I'm using random maps, some of which I make, some of which I find, some of which I build to suit. For example, i found an underground ant lair map that I liked, but the tunnels were waaaay too small, so I had to make it really big, then I had to adjust the grid size... so on this map, the tokens look very small. On another map, everything worked out perfectly and I only used the align-to-grid thing and it worked fine. On another map, the map was waaay too big so I had to shrink it and it didn't have a grid, but the map still is very large, and so the icons on this map had to be made kinda bigger than normal. It just depends. It's easy enough to resize a token created on one map to fit the scale of another. No trouble at all really, just a single click-and-drag each. I'm satisfied and I can't imagine how the situation would be 'fixed' anyway, not without restricting everyone's maps to a specific size format or something. PS: if you wanna see what I mean, I'll invite you to my game sometime and show you. But not right now, I'm about to get to actually PLAY a game instead of having to DM it! Weee! Love Roll20!!!
Gauss
Forum Champion
I think I understand what you mean. :) - Gauss
I had to do the same thing for some of his tokens that my players wanted to use for their main characters. Fortunately, trimming down the transparent base is simple enough with any graphics editing program.
Doh, I just figured out I can download the Tokens from the store webpage and manipulate them myself. That alleviates the pain greatly.