Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about Copy pasting in roll20?

Hey there Is there a way to take a entire wall in one of my dungeons and copy/paste the entire 20 section wall instead of lining up 20 pieces to make another exact wall? Thanks in advance! David
Use the select/move tool, drag it over the entire section of wall you wish to copy. The section should be surrounded by a box with dots, just like any single item would be. You can then right-click it, select COPY, then PASTE it anywhere you like. You may also rotate it, or resize it, as needed using those surrounding dots. Hope that helps!
You can also select multiple items by holding down the shift key and clicking on them one at a time.  Then you can copy and paste that set of items as you normally would.
Unfortunately that does not work for me. When I try and drag it picks up my map or other assets and knocks them out of place. And all this is on the map back ground. I only place miniatures on the token layer.
Use Sarah's method? I'm not sure what the un-select button is tho... but this way you can pick only the items you want.
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM: When working on map assets it is usually best to work on them on a different layer and then shift them to the map layer.  However, in your current case what you can do is: 1) Hit the ESC key to deselect all items.. 2) Then click one of the items you want to grab. 3) Hold Shift and click another item. 4) Repeat step three until you are done grabbing items.  5) Hit Ctrl+C (copy) 6) Hit ESC key 7) Click where you want the items to be 8) Hit Ctrl+V (paste) Let me know if you have any issues. - Gauss
I can shift click on multiple items, and when i paste them it paste them all as one unit, but, only one moves at a time so im back to where i was. oh well.   thanks for trying
When I have to work with many items on the map layer, and want to drag-select them, then what I do first is select the map itself and send it to the GM layer. It becomes half-transparent and I can still see the stuff I wanna work with. Now I can drag-select and move around and no fear that I move the map. then once I'm done, I shift the map back to the map layer. But like Guass, I usually place stuff first on the token layer till it's all in place as I want it, then shift it to the map layer
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM, you can move them as a unit as well by shift+clicking. Then double click on the unit to move it all together.  - Gauss

Edited 1376871002
Thanks everyone for the help, I have the copy paste problem down now.  I am also going to work from the token and object layer while placing all of my assets and just move them to the map later like Quatar talked about. Thanks guys!  Now to figure out how to use the GM later for traps and my encounters lol I just dove in when I started making maps several weeks ago and I am really getting into it now! I probably should of watched tutorials first hehe.