Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Megaman X, checking interest

I've always been a huge fan of the megaman X series more than any other megaman, I've begun idly putting a system together with 3.5/pathfinder rules. If I finish the system up and go to DM a game with it who would be interested? The campaign concept would have the players as Reploid Maverick Hunters in a quest to stop Sigma.
That would be totally bad ass
That really sounds interesting. Count me in for being interested. If you do indeed get a group for this running, let me know. I can best be reached at <a href="mailto:bookwormbabe29@yahoo.com" rel="nofollow">bookwormbabe29@yahoo.com</a>.
I'm happily surprised that there is some interest. I'm going to give a few details on the system in hopes it spawns more interest. Unlike feats, abilities and spells found in traditional 3.5/pathfinder I am going to run with a point system for various special equipment. X points of a certain type allotted per level. Players instead of choosing races would choose body types, currently 12 types. The body type determines the number and types of points gained at certain levels as well as stat priorities. Special equipment ranging from a beam saber through a jet pack and much, much more would cost a certain number of specific points. For the moment and brief example I'll use colors but I haven't completely finalized the point system. (Example: A Motion Accelerator would cost 3 green points and 1 blue point.) Spending points are like choosing a feat, once it's spent its spent. By spending points you gain the ability to use whatever type of equipment your spending them on. So if you spent the 3 red and 1 blue points it costs for a beam cannon you both effectively gain the proficiency to use beam cannons of any type and adapt it to your system. While its possible to use things you haven't spent points on you would receive penalties to rolls with their use. Currency would allow you to both purchase and upgrade specific types of equipment, 200 credits for a chargeable beam cannon then another 500 credits to make the power to fire rate more efficient allowing more shots per round. That kind of thing Each body type will have its own types equipment slots on the body. Special Equipment will use specific slots making some items unique to certain body types. Basicly you could choose to go for a juggernaut style body and load yourself up with cannons and generators, or you could go with a speedster body pick up a cloaking pack and an emp stunner with a beam dagger for quick silent kills, or maybe you'd choose to go for a longshot sniper build, maybe a colossus and yell (*SMASH*) whenever you swing your mighty fists. The key thing to this system is flexibility. Once I have a full rough draft for all of you to see I'm sure your going to spend hours trying to put together the perfect build just for you. EDIT: I'll also be using a modified version of skills and many types of equipment will provide bonuses to those various skills as well.
what would the time frame look like? Im on the pacific coast, and typically can only play after 930 pm , though I could play on my days off, though they are not always the same from week to week
I'm Still in the creation process for the overall system and I need to hammer that out before I can begin work on the campaign for it so it may be a short wait before game times could be settled but fear not when it comes time, I'll do my very best to make it work for everyone who has interest. Here are some details on stats: Primary Stats: Strength – bonus to melee damage, throw damage and strength based skills. Speed – movement and reaction speeds – speed also increases evasion. Power - Provides health, energy usage bonuses and also governs max usable equipment. Accuracy – increases chance to hit. Intelligence – increases skill points available and adds some types of programming bonuses. Communication – hacking and general communication. Defensive Stats: Evasion - Reduces the chance to be hit Armor – Reduces straight damage taken Shielding – Reduces damage taken until the shield has absorbed its limit Resistance – various immunities and resistances Energy Types: Fire: Heat based energy including plasma Frost: Cold based energy including cryogenics Electric: Energy of an electric nature which also includes EMPs Kinetic: Physical non-energy based damage Exotic: Just about any energy type that doesn't fall into the above 3 categories
Just to give you guys an idea about EQUIPMENT TYPES. Here is the full list of types I've come up with so far: Unique Slots-- Each 'Body Type' has a unique slot as listed below. The Light Body has a unique secondary head mount for specialized Sensor Equipment but can be used for standard head slot equipment as well. Radio Transmission Detection Energy Detector Radar Sonar Echo Location Audio X-Ray Vision The Medium Body has unique secondary shoulder mounts on both shoulders for specialized Shoulder Equipment but can be used for standard shoulder slot equipment as well. Specialized Shoulder Equipment Shoulder Mounted Weaponry Shoulder Mounted Jets The Heavy Body has unique secondary knee mounts on both knees for specialized Knee Equipment but can be used for standard leg slot equipment as well. Specialized Knee Equipment Knee mounted Weaponry Deployable Treads Body Splitter Transforming legs and body ______________________________________ General Slots-- All equipment slots listed below are available to all body types. Head: Sensor Equipment: Night Vision Sensor Equipment: Infrared Vision Sensor Equipment: Heightened Audio Sensor Equipment: Super Range Scoping Data Enhancers: VR Injectors Data Enhancers: Cryptology Virtual Area Mapping +2 To Accuracy (5 Tiers) Expanded Core Housing +2 To Intelligence (5 Tiers) Dedicated Communication Processor +2 To Communication (5 Tiers) Shoulder: Hand-held Equipment Mounting Armor: +2 To Armor (5 Tiers) Energy Shields: +4 To Energy Shields (5 Tiers) Wings:Deployable/Retractable Wings:Glide Wings Wings:Flapping Wings:Jet Body: Generators:+2 To Power (Standard)(5 Tiers) Motion Accelerator:+2 To Speed (5 Tiers) Torque Enhancer:+2 to Strength (5 Tiers) Chest: Armor:+3 to Armor (Standard) (5 Tiers) Energy Shields: +5 To Energy Shields (5 Tiers) Energy Barriers: +8 Shielding to a Specific type of energy (3 Tiers) Back: Jet Pack:Jump Jet Jet Pack:Speed Booster Jet Pack:Flight Pack Jet Pack:Anti-Grav Harness Jet Pack:Aquatic Mobility Jet Pack:Space Mobility Communication Arrays: Radio Com Device (Standard) Communication Arrays: Satellite Interlink Communication Arrays: Web Interaction Communication Arrays: Communication Jammer Personal Cloak: Dedicated Cloak Personal Cloak: Chameleon Personal Cloak: Heat Masking Personal Cloak: Area Cloak Short Range Teleport Energy Phase Converter Hand: Mounted Weaponry *Listed Separately Hand-held Weaponry *Listed Separately Hand-held Devices *Listed Separately Waist: Hand-held Equipment Mounting Hand Thrown Weaponry Mounting Deployable Devices: Shield Barriers Deployable Devices: Armored Shields Deployable Devices: Deployable Storage Devices Deployable Devices: Expanded Storage Kits: Hackers Kit Kits: Programmers Kit Kits: Repair Kit (Multiple Tiers and types) Kits: Anti-Virus Kit Leg: Thrusters Gripping Padded Hover Wheeled Magnetic A/G Gens Universal Slot Specific: Multiple Limbs Drones: Attack Drones: Scouting Drones: Utility ___________________________________________________ As I said these are types meaning that there can be many different purchasable and upgradable pieces of the same type of equipment. IE Leg slot-Thrusters. Using your points to get this would allow you to choose from every type of leg thruster, so you can go with a very powerful short range burst that sends you flying but overheats quickly and has a cooldown on use, or a weaker fast boost that has no cooldown for use and can be used every turn. And remember you don't always have to put any points into an equipment type to use it.
I welcome any suggestions on about any aspect of the game design, most notably... Help me please come up with more equipment ideas.
Wow. As someone who has made my own system before, it's clear you've put a lot of work into this. Kudos! I never would have thought of making such a campaign. You've come up with a lot of items I wouldn't have considered. If you're trying to expand items, I would suggest considering robot features from other series, see what comes up. Ideas that come to my mind: possible sonic/sound powers, sonar sensors, water proofing/travel powers, telekinesis/telepathy head items, spring/jumping legs, an energy tank backpack, enhanced 'super' strength arm/shoulder items, a breath attack/weapon in the throat, and not to mention ride armor skills/powers. Just some things off the top of my head. I'll be happy to help out with anything you might need, so just let me know ;)
I am so beyond on board. Just give me a time.
This guy is on board, also, depending on model, some parts may be easily removable or not.
Just to give everyone a heads up, i'm working my but off to finish the system and with luck i'll have it done around the beginning of december but with the holidays I think it'd be prudent to begin the campaign in early january after new years. I will release v1.0 in early december though for all of you to look over and acquaint yourselves with. The way I'm designing this it won't be limited to the megaman universe, any campaign with robotic player characters will be able to follow it. I'm still interested in partners or helpers if anyones interested. ps VickyD I sent you an email
I'm interested, but the main question on my side is what is the expected time slot?