Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Undelete marketplace token?

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi, I think I probably know the answer to this, but here goes nothing: is there a way to prevent the deletion of a token via the API, if that token is a marketplace token? I want to give players limited control over a token, but I don't want them to be able to delete it. The imgsrc restrictions prevent me from just recreating the token from scratch AIUI. Cheers, Lucian
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There is no way that I know of.  In that case, I'd probably use a clear stand-in, Bump-style, and let them control that one.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
The Aaron said: There is no way that I know of.  In that case, I'd probably use a clear stand-in, Bump-style, and let them control that one. Yeah, that's what I did first, but the downside is that your token graphic doesn't update until you release the handle, which isn't as "tactile. So I've included the option to use the token directly as the control as well... but it relies on the players not deleting it by mistake :-)  Lucian
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It would be nice if we could get the ability to create marketplace content via API scripts.  I'm pretty sure Riley said that would be coming for the API when he spoke at GenCon last year.  Here's hoping! =D
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, it would be nice, although I do wonder how they can do this while still restricting marketplace content to people who have paid for it. I'm guessing that that's the real reason why you can't add marketplace content through the API at the moment.... Lucian
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Well, were I doing it, it would come down to a choice of one of 3 options: Any content the Game Creator owns would be available to the API Any content one of the Game's GMs owns would be available to the API Any content one of the Game's players owns would be available to the API I'd prefer the 3rd option as I think it most closely matches the current VTT's access policies, but I think either of the other two options would still be workable.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
I guess it will also add a layer of additional complexity (and possibly performance challenges) having to be able to cross check access rights to individual URLs for individual users when creating/editing images, rather than simply applying a generic pattern restriction. Is there actually any enforcement of the marketplace rights at the moment, beyond the fact that stuff won't show up in the search if you haven't paid for it? There certainly doesn't seem to be any at the AWS level - it looks like you can download any of the marketplace content if you know the URL for it.