Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nesting Whisper and Emotes

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Is there a way to load a /emas into a /w ? Such as when telepathy might occur... /w (player) /emas (The disembodied voice of Cthulhu) F'tagn!

Edited 1456493280
The GM can do this using the As dropdown list at the bottom of the chat pane. Select the character you want from the As list, then send the whisper in the chat. Players can only use the As dropdown for a character they control, I believe. You would need to have a "The disembodied voice of Cthulhu" character in the Journal for it to be available in the dropdown list.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
But there would be no way to load it into a simple little Macro? Basically I'm looking to be able to... #Cthulhu it's a fine day for painting trees with Yurple, a colour a little bit yellow and a little bit purple. And it spit out to the player Cthulhu Portrait: "(To Player) Cthulhu says it's a fine day for painting trees with Yurple, a colour a little bit yellow and a little bit purple." I am pretty sure I'd be clumsy and forget to turn off the "As" while running the session.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At this time there is no way to have multiple commands work together. You could possibly have an API script (pro subscription feature) written that would do that if there is not one made already (If it is possible at all).
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Pat. Shame about that, I'll just have to preface my 'distant voice' with 'The Distant Voice says...' in the meantime. I'm sure it probably isn't a pressing update to the system, but in some instances in 3.5e D&D it would be handy.  There is at least one class that has a 'hidden voice' that goes around with the player and a GM might want to 'be that voice' at times.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The easiest way at this time is the character sheet approach. Just make a sheet with your name needed and save it then archive it. This would allow it to be retained in the drop down menu and you can just switch out as needed to whisper. I forget to swap As names lots of times when I run a game (I run text games) so I understand your perspective on it also.