Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] CONTINUUM, one weeknight weekly around 8:30 Eastern Time

Edited 1456503323
Have you ever wanted to travel through time? (Of course, we all have!)  C°NTINUUM: Roleplaying in the Yet is a game about realistic and personal time travel. If you can span time at will, so can others. C°NTINUUM is a game about living in the civilization that time travelers have created throughout all of Earth's existence. When learning to think in four dimensions, just living alongside other spanners with the same powers as you can be a big challenge! I'm looking for players interested in exploring the possibilities of time travel and dealing with those who would change history to serve their own selfish ends. We're still working out exactly when we'll play, but it'll probably be between 8:30 and 12:30 Eastern Time one weeknight a week. There is no set number of players needed, and you can occasionally miss a session without a problem because your character can simply "span" to the next one. We haven't decided whether to use video, audio-only plus chat, or just chat; this will depend on the preferences of the players. Playstyle will be mostly description, with little tactical map use. I'm not looking for acting ability, and you shouldn't expect much from me (I can do about one voice only!). Expect to think hard and in new ways, and expect to take lots of notes: successful spanners keep careful records of everywhere and everywhen they've been. Some support for this will be provided on the character sheet. You don't need to know or have the rules or have experience with the game; part of playing is starting as a Novice and learning in-game as you learn out of character. Please reply if you're interested!
Oh man, I'd love to play this but I don't know if I can handle how crazy insane the time travel gets in that game when time travel combat starts. Or just the rules themselves if I remember them correctly.
The game mechanics are pretty simple and generic. Three attributes; skills with specialties based on an attribute; roll the attribute or skill rating or under on 1d10 to succeed; certain kinds of critical successes and fumbles; damage is taken as impairment points, which apply as a penalty to all rolls. Trying to figure out what they heck is going on when Time Combat starts is part of the fun! Rest assured that your confusion is intended to be part of the experience; your character is just as confused as you are, and his chronies will help him (and you) figure things out.