Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[IK] Iron Kingdoms: Combat Rolls Bugged

So, in the recent update to the IK character sheet (which has been mostly wonderful), the Combat rolls have completely stopped working (both targeted and normal rolls). My group and I have tried both melee and ranged rolls, neither seems to work anymore. Based on what I'm seeing, the targeted roll message about selecting a target stays up even when a target is chosen and only goes away when actually X'd out; the modifier boxes all pop up, just nothing happens in the chat. The group is using both Chrome and Firefox, latest updates, both Windows 7 and Windows 10 (all updated), and this has happened over multiple sessions. Everything else seems to be working fine, but if the sheetsmith is around then I'd love to see this fixed. ^_^ Please let me know if there's anything else I can do, or more information I can give, and thanks for all your hard work thus far. -Tyr

Edited 1456548390
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
I made the sheet, and then the changes.  Any way tyou can be more specific on what is happening? And suddenly, I remember something.  Check the 'config' area of the combat tab.  If it is not set to "1d6", I erred when copying the default.  I have a rollable table to denote which column the damage goes, and if you don't have a talve the same name, then it won't work. Edit: I looked at the coding, and yeah, I left "1t[Hit-Location]" in the config menu.  Have all of your players change this to a "d6" and everything should work right.  I will submit a change tomorrow to have this fixed.  Sorry about that. Also, if there is anything you can find that would make running an Iron Kingdoms game better (and can be done with the sheet) let me know.  That game is the whole reason I got into making sheets in the first place.  
Thank you for your quick reply, first off. ^_^ Secondly, thanks again for all your hard work on the sheet already. My group just wants to let you know that the sheet really is great. In fact, two people only had that to say. That being said, there's a thing or two to mention. One person has multiple armors they like to switch between so if there was a way to put multiple armors in and maybe just have a simple toggle for 'worn' or not, that would be great. The others have yet to comment, but I'm certain they will soon. I'm, personally, not certain what all is possible, but I do have a question/suggestion or two of my own. I can't figure out what the little circles are for beneath the life spiral, but they're nearly invisible as-is. If there's any way to make them more visible (and maybe even tell me what they're for and why they have three settings), that would be great. Lastly, just a minor thing, but on the Magic tab the word "Fatigue" is spelled wrong just above the dots. Other than that, it's all gravy, but I'll let you know if there's anything else we come up with. And thank you again for all your work, really. As a sheetmaker myself (not here, but elsewhere) I can truly appreciate the sheer amount of effort it can take. So, thank you. Really.

Edited 1456578891
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
I am pleased that yawl like the sheet.  It has gone through a wealth of improvements since it was first created, and more are on the way. Multiple armors: In my test sheet, I have it set where you can pick an Armor or the Flesh of Steel for the armor rating, but nothing else.  I am still working out how to do full armor swaps. Little Circles: Those are for the power field of warcaster armor, or the extra health boxes from Man-o-War style armor grants you.  Or you can use it track how many bags of Cheetos you character is carrying (empty bag/full bag/half bag).  They are suppose to be hard to see when not in use so they don't clutter the tab.  At least, that was the thought behind it.   Fatigue: ...er, whoops? I will work on the test sheet this weekend and set up a test campaign where yawl can click the "new-ish" buttons and stuff. Edit: did the config menu fix the issue?
Sorry to get back to you so late. Been having a rough... month >_>. Anyways, the fix worked like a charm, so thank you for that. And as for the other things, it all sounds good. The little circles being nearly invisible is something I'd probably fix. After all, while it's less clutter, there's also an excellent chance people will miss them with them being so unobtrusive. I'm not certain if anyone else in my party would want to test the newest sheet, but I'd be more than willing to. ^_^
PM'ed the link to the test campaign.  With a lot of help from Brian, GV, and Vince, I got the multiple suits going.  I also changed up the powerfield box to be more visible (so you can track bags of trail mix easier).  And I think I spelled Fatigue right this time. 
So I saw. Left some feedback in the campaign already, and I'll be back in later today to test a bit more. ^_^ Thanks again!
Fixed Initiative spelling (I think?). Adjusted the Strength location on the roll template; still uses up as much room, but I'm trying for the "less cumbersome" look. The two weird check boxes are a reset switch for the sheet workers.  It makes all the sheet workers fire again, updating the stats.  This is purely for me, because all of my bad guys were made when the sheet used only disabled fields and won't auto-update. And the NPC and 'jack tabs add to Defense, Armor, Initiative and Willpower so you can use this sheet for those characters as well.  If creating the dirt simple NPC's in the back of the Full Metal Fantasy book, or making a 'jack, one should not use the the rest of the sheet.  This allows the heroes* to use the targeted rolls against the villains*, and so the gm to use the initiative button in the top bar for initiative. Ugh, that sounds complicated.  Here: if you are using the 'jack or NPC tab, that's the only part of the character journal used.  If you are a PC with NPC followers or a 'jack, the GM provides a specific character journal for that.  Never the two (three?) shall meet in the same character journal.  * 'heroes' and 'villains' are used loosely here...

Edited 1456836985
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: The two weird check boxes are a reset switch for the sheet workers.  It makes all the sheet workers fire again, updating the stats.  This is purely for me, because all of my bad guys were made when the sheet used only disabled fields and won't auto-update. If you include sheet:opened in your on statement, then the sheet worker will run once when the sheet is opened for the first time. That way you don't need to check the checkbox.  Here's an example of how it's called: on("sheet:opened change:xp change:rank", function() { // magic happens here } Just in case you weren't aware of that one... :) EDIT: replaced "file" with "run"...not sure what the heck I was thinking when I typed file. :-/ I'm blaming auto-correct. :)
I wanted something I could control, directly.  But thanks for the heads up (which may replace the checkboxes, eventaully).
Massive Update (in amount of work, not visually different) Feat button now has arrows. This was a lot of work and way too educational. Adjusted Initiative, Willpower, etc to use sheet workers. This should me I can use that group initiative API script. All skills have gm roll buttons All skills can have their text adjusted Magic and weapons have gm roll button (non-targeted) Applied G V.'s solution to the updating old character sheets.  
Huh. GM skill roll buttons. That seems incredibly useful. =D I shall have to test these functions soon.

Edited 1457023464
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
When you get a chance, kick the tires on the new, upgraded sheet.  Hit some buttons, and tell if anything is broken.  When you tell me its god goog dog groan okay, I will push the changes forward.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: When you tell me its god , I will push the changes forward. Pretty high hopes for the sheet, I see... ;)
G V. said: Coal Powered Puppet said: When you tell me its  god  goog dog groan  not bad, I will push the changes forward. Pretty high hopes for the sheet, I see... ;) Its been one of those mornings. 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
LOL!
Updated test campaign with reset button for wounds and 'jacks, per GV's suggestion.  Should be about ready to submit.  I will push it forward Monday unless yawl find something else.  
I've taken a few looks, and everything looks good to me. The reset button could use some kind of warning (a pop-up, if possible), and maybe something similar for Flesh of Steel... maybe. I just didn't know what it was until I found it in Unleashed. Probably just me though.

Edited 1457565213
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Instead of a warning... I've added another button!  The black button resets all of wounds boxes.  The green one makes the damage boxes match the character's base physique, agility, and intellect.  How did I do this?   Brian!  That's how! Edit: Also, I've added fx to spells.  You will need to have your token selected to make it work.  How did I do this? Wex and Oz!  That's how! Also a little excited about this.  
I am humbled and amazed by your Brian, Wex, and Oz. I am especially excited about the first thing, since I have yet to play a spellcaster, but I am certain it's all gravy. ;) I shall go test them now.
Pull request created.