Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rolled a 1 on Macro design! Help!!

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok.  This *should* be simple.  But every time I get beyond the most basic expression, it falls apart.  So...help please? Here's what I'm trying to do: I want to roll a handful of d10s, divide the total by 10, and round to the nearest whole number. /roll round((@{Trait}+@{Skill})d10/10) Problem?  Doesn't roll. Doesn't round.  Next, I'd like to make the @{Trait} a drop down. ?{Trait|Trait 1, @{Trait 1}|Trait 2, @{Trait 2}} Problem?  ERROR! Third, I really want to hide the value.  But the best I could accomplish was for the chat window to repeat the name of the Trait. That's three strikes.  Time to go to the forums. Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advance.
Rounding... /roll round((( @{Trait} + @{Skill} )d10)/10) Drop down... /roll round((( ?{Trait|Strength, @{Strength}|Agility, @{Agility}} + @{Athletics} )d10)/10) What do you mean by hide the value?
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
By hiding the value, I mean I want the drop down to list the Trait, but not the value.  So it might read: Trait: Strength But once it's chosen, the value is applied to the number of dice rolled. Does that make sense?
Ah, well... then that will work for you.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Will it?  When I tried doing that before, my drop down looked like this: Trait: Strength 4 I'll give it a shot though.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Well look at that. Now my sense of failure is complete.  Blah! Thank you, HoneyBadger!  I could have easily lost a day on that one.
Eh, we all gotta start somewhere. :)