Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Token Tooltip

Hello, I was about to make this suggestion, but in searching I found  this post . Is there a way to replicate this behavior so that my players can get information from map icons, without me giving them the right to move and edit them (cause I do not want them accidentally moving or editing any of them). Thanks in Advance, LDJ
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A quick way would be to set up very visible tip tokens which have an attribute or bar value with the description you want in it. Then give all of the players a macro called 'Info Display' with the macro text being: @{target|Info Button?| Bar1 } note: that the Bar1 could be any bar or any attribute. This will output the text of the attribute or bar value to the chat window. Be aware thought that once players realise they can use this target system to pull information from things they may abuse it!
Thanks, though I am not sure I am at the point where I feel comfortable doing macro's yet. I am sure I will get there, but not there yet... Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it!

Edited 1460483353
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here are a few related discussion you might find helpful: Attaching information to tokens What's the best way to have an info box that the players can read without the GM's assistance? Tokens and User usage of such Using Roll20 to handle the "dungeon key"