Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Journals

Hey roll20, So I had a suggestion for an idea to implement into roll20. So I've ran a few DnD games in the past, and am running one here as well, one thing I've done in the past is have players keep a journal. I'd give them a notebook, and admonish them to have their character write and draw it in. To encourage them to keep this up as we play i would give rewards such as gold, action points minor items etc... It adds a lot to the game, and really help the player feel part of the world and game. And of course helps them to write down any important information. I think it would be grand to have Journals for the players to write in, and where the DM could make notations and such. Have either one large text doc, or make it so that they can have multiple pages and label them. If this is already a suggestion, I'm sorry.
Gauss
Forum Champion
This is partly implemented already. Go to the Journal tab After 'Characters' click Add Click Edit in the box that pops up. Select who can see it. Checkmark 'is player character?' Select who it is controlled by That player can now edit it and add his own information. Alternately, the player could put in a url to a longer journal or a character sheet in this area. If you want them to draw artwork etc use the following steps: Have them open windows 'paint' (or other art program) and make an avatar. Have them email that avatar to you. Upload the avatar into their Character. Hope this helps - Gauss
Yeah I've noticed that they have a journal with an avatar, and Bio, and they could easily use the "bio" section to keep a record, but it would be better if there was a separate section, with separate pages, so they didn't have to scroll down through after months of player. Not i big issue, but would be nice.
Gauss
Forum Champion
As a workaround, in the bio section you can link it to google docs and they can write their logs there. - Gauss
Really, how do you do that?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Follow the steps I posted above. Then they can just put the Google Docs URL in the Bio section. - Gauss