Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn Tracker

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I'm not sure if the Turn Tracker is specifically a 3.5E, I don't think it is... BUT... As a GM, can you add 'hidden things' to the Turn Tracker?  Can I for instance, have things not yet visible to the players have a space in the turn tracker without giving away that said thing is there?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you have a token on the GM layer that has a turn number listed in the tracker, it will be invisible to the players but still visible to the GM.
Likewise, a token (even a player token!) which is both in the tracker, and on a page that's not the player's current page, will be visible to the GM but not the player.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Gents
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrew said: I'm not sure if the Turn Tracker is specifically a 3.5E, I don't think it is... BUT... Just to round the thread off nicely... no it isn't. Us 3.5e'ers just use it A LOT ;)

Edited 1457065155
I'll also add, as I found this out myself, that if the token name is not visible to players, the name won't show up on the players' Turn Tracker (even if the token is on the Token Layer).  I've found this helpful if players encounter an NPC  MOOK , yet the players don't know the name of that NPC.  Just because they roll initiative, there may be times I don't necessarily want them to know the name of the NPC until it's revealed in-game.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
This is one of those times I'd like a "thumbs up" on others posts.  Nice tip Brett.
Andrew said: This is one of those times I'd like a "thumbs up" on others posts.  Nice tip Brett. You're welcome, and LOL -- I see posts I really like and start looking for the "Like" button :) .
I just started using the tracker and that pulled me to this post. Is there a way to hide it all together from the players? As a DM I'd rather just keep it hidden from them, but it sure is handy. Is there an option I havnt seen?
Is there way to create somekind of "pop-up" table, with initiative trackers?

Edited 1457129376
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike R. said: I just started using the tracker and that pulled me to this post. Is there a way to hide it all together from the players? As a DM I'd rather just keep it hidden from them, but it sure is handy. Is there an option I havnt seen? Apologies for hi-jacking your thread Andrew... Workaround: similar to what's been mentioned, you can keep a copy of your NPC/Monsters and/or players on the GM layer and use the copies just to roll initiative. Tokens used for the init, left on the gm layer only show up on the GM's tracker. &nbsp;The player will see nothing. API solution: Group Initative <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/1908986/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/1908986/</a> Awesome script by Aaron! &nbsp;All kinds of settings. +1000 &nbsp;