Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

MERP/ Rolemaster, using Roll20 for tables and charts?

I'm wondering if any one out there use Roll20 to manage your MERP/Rolemaster charts and tables?  I can't quite see a way to use Roll20's tables functions for attack rolls or crit rolls.  That is, I can figure out how to generate the numbers but not how to determine a result on the table without having to use outside materials. I'm thinking it might be easiest to make handouts of each table and open the proper table to compare the dice roll to.  It would be nice to be able to make the tables and streamline the whole process though. Any suggestions or ideas from the Rolemaster community?

Edited 1457390714
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
You could use rollable tables for the charts but you would need to have one table per armor-type for each weapon and one for each critical severity for each crit type.  But you can't put the modifiers in the roll on the table (it's just a straight roll of the table) and you'd have to do some interesting weighting of the tables to account for open ended rolls.  The crits would be easiest to do since you could just roll a [[ 1t[Tiny-E] ]] or whatever.  But again, you'd have to do manual look-ups to account for things like adjusting the crit result because of Ambush skill use.  A lot of effort and a lot of cases that just can't be handled nicely. It is possible/probable that an API script could be created to do the whole thing.  But I'm not certain where/how you would store all the chart/table data.  I'm not much of a programmer. The easiest solution within Roll20 would probably be the handouts.  Fortunately with the folders, you could at least keep them organized nicely to make finding them easier.  And you can zoom in on the picture so as long as your scan of the chart is decent, you wouldn't have much issue reading the result. For my RMSS games, I just look them up externally.  Sometimes I use the book and I have a web-based app my husband wrote for me which allows me to enter the results of the attack rolls/crit rolls and the appropriate AT/weapon etc and it will highlight the appropriate result on the chart/table for me.  It's a little faster than using the book directly mostly because I use two monitors so can have one showing all the look ups (and my notes for the campaign/adventure/quest) and the other on Roll20.  Just having Roll20 do all the math calculations etc speeds things up a lot over how we used to play it! :)