Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Game not updating with scripts changes

TheWhiteWolves
KS Backer
API Scripter
I am working on a script to move players between different pages without the need for a GM to move them. When I send the command to the api (!mc move World Map - Realm 1) the changes will be made to the relevant places but the actual moving of the player doesn't happen unless you run the command again (a second time), I current have my script run the move function twice to simulate it so that I can get it to do it in one send. Has anyone experienced this behaviour before? I've included a gif of the behaviour below.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Are you doing this on the Dev server or prod servers?
TheWhiteWolves
KS Backer
API Scripter
Dev servers
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Since there are new Dev API servers rolling out, can you try it On the production servers ACS see if there is a difference?  Also, if you can share the code, we can look and see if an error crept in. 

Edited 1457534342
TheWhiteWolves
KS Backer
API Scripter
Right, so I tried it on the production servers and it only needs to run the command once to perform the move, so it looks like its a problem found only on the Development servers, though the production ones did break my rejoin function but that's just something I would need to look into later.&nbsp;:P (Scratch that, must have broken that bit while working on it earlier) As for the code you can find it here on github -&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/TheWhiteWolves/MapChange" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/TheWhiteWolves/MapChange</a>