Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sharing Games with other GMs

I tried searching for this, but didn't find the info, so sorry if I missed it. If I create a game with NPCs, maps, etc., is it possible to copy / share that game with another GM and let them use it for their game / players? I ask as I may work on creating a campaign with a GM, and then we'll both take a copy of that game and I'll play with my players, and the other GM will play with his players (to separate games). It may sound like a crazy request, but the idea behind it is if 2 GMs are going to run the same game with our respective players, we feel it's easier for 2 GMs to work together, create the campaign, then each take a copy and use it with our respective players. Otherwise, I'll have to create the game / NPCs / maps, and the other GM will have to also create the game / NPCs / maps -- twice the work for the same result. Thanks for let me know if the above is possible!
No, you cannot copy a campaign created by another person.
But a work around is to copy campaign and make the other person be the GM while you are just the creator. it should work for what you want I think.
Thanks HoneyBadger. Jake M. said: But a work around is to copy campaign and make the other person be the GM while you are just the creator. it should work for what you want I think. Thanks Jake.  I was wondering if this was an option.  So, maybe this works... One GM creates a game, and invites the other GM to that game (making sure to "Promote to GM") Both GMs work on the game / campaign, adding maps, tokens, NPCs, etc. Once complete, the original GM copies the campaign, and again invites the other GM to that copy (again, "Promoting to GM") Original GM (if so desired) kicks the other GM from the original game Original GM finds players for Original Campaign; other GM finds players for Copy Campaign Everyone lives happily ever after... The only issue I see, is both games 'live' in the Original GMs account, so the other GM doesn't 'own' the Copy Campaign in their account. Sound about right, or is there a way to get the Copy Campaign into the other GMs account / game area? Thanks!
You nailed it on the head. I think honestly it's the best way.  The original GM will have a little extra work, but not much.
No, you cannot copy campaigns from account to account.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Keep in mind that Co-GMs can't do everything the Creator of a game can. From the Roll20 Wiki: Promote to GM will grant that Player GM status in the Game, commonly called a co-GM . This is useful for jointly running a Game with someone else or if the Creator would like to become a Player in a Game they created. Promoting someone to GM may also be beneficial in helping another user with GM-level features and or solving Game issues. Promoted to GMs , have limited control over a Game : Cannot: Change the next game time display. Change the Game's description. Change the Game's settings options, such as the version of Character Sheet that is set, toggling public access, changing the background image, toggling character import, or list the game in Looking for Players. Delete the entire game. Kick or Remove Players . Clear the Chat Archive. A Co-GM will not have access to the original Game‘s Creator‘s image library, character journals, handouts, decks, rollable tables, and other games' pages, however those elements that are being used within the game are available to the Co-GM. Images that are being used within the games' pages can be manipulated by the Co-GM as long as they remain within the game editor. If the Co-GM removes any of these shared elements they will not be available unless the Game‘s Creator restores them to play. Can: Full access to all layers. Create a new map page. Put pictures and tokens to the tabletop from their image library. Assign and edit tokens. Add handouts, new characters, assign journals. Move the Players ribbon to different maps. Play music from the jukebox. Read GM whispers. Make macros and token actions and show or hide them from players. Control dynamic lighting settings if the Game‘s Creator is a Pro or Plus subscriber.
Thanks Jake. Silvyre - thanks as well, I saw that and noted how it would affect the above. HoneyBadger said: No, you cannot copy campaigns from account to account. HoneyBadger - any of the copying I mention above is copying within an account. So in the end, there's two campaigns, both with the account-owning GM. That GM would run one campaign, while the other campaign would be run by the co-GM, with the restrictions noted by Silvyre.  Am I missing something?  Thanks again!