Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Custom sheet in the game settings

Edited 1457543736
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi there ! I made some research but did not found any info about this. Since today, I can't edit my custom sheets. When I click on Game Settings, the custom option is selected but I don't have the html/css section under it. I can't edit my custom sheets anymore. Any changes added to this section in the today update ? thx :)
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There shouldn't have been any changes to this, if you're not seeing the edit section there is definitely something wrong. Which of your games are you having this issue with?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I had this happen the other day. Try to edit the game settings of another sheet (with a custom sheet) and then go back to the first sheet. That solved it for me.
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
It happened to alll games I have created. :( Kryx : I can't do this. I can't edit any of my sheet. I even started a new game to test this. After selecting custom sheet, I still do not have the html/css section.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Alright, this looks like an issue on your end, because I am able to see this section on your games just fine. Let's try with the standard technical issue steps. If doing 1-3 don't fix it, I will definitely need to see your console log (step 4), from trying to load the Game Settings page. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1457637971
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I really think this is a server problem because the same thing happens to me too : every one of my campaigns (on the productionand dev server) wich had a character sheet setting set on "custom" don't show the HTML/CSS/preview area.  I tried reuploading, changing from custom to another character  sheet, save, clearing cache, reload, change back to custom, save, clear cache, reload : still stuck.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And more/worse : when choosing a standard character sheet, the description and preview image don't show.
The problem not just customers but your server. I tried to create a new game and even then the character sheet does not appear.

Edited 1457638661
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It appears to be a problem with the french translation of Roll20. Console log says :  Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier 37709:881 And the detail of it (there are quotes in a quoted string. See the line 881, in bold below)  : window.onbeforeunload = function() { if(window.UNSAVEDCHANGES) { return "Vous avez des changements non sauvegardés en attente. Si vous quittez la page, ils seront perdus. Cliquez sur "Sauvegarder les modifications" en bas de l'écran si vous voulez sauvegarder vos modifications."; } };
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PS : in "My Account", I change the language from French to English in the "Preferences" section, and the bug disapeared. So ... hypothesis above confirmed I guess.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ah, if it happens to be an issue with a specific translation, that would explain why I wasn't seeing it. When I switched my language to French I'm seeing the same issue. Thanks for the help everyone. I will go ahead and log this bug and we'll take care of it as soon as we get the chance.

Edited 1457648725
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've committed the fix, it was a problem with having quotes in the French translation, and not html encoding the string where it's being inserted into the javascript. The fix should be out on Dev now if you want to get back to working on your sheet. It should make it out to production some time next week, probably.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dev_Server" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dev_Server</a>
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Phil!
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Thanks all :)