Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Character sheet html assistance request.

I'm modifying a character sheet (1st ed Rolemaster) to work for my MERP game.  I've made some simple changes (Stat names, skill names etc) and now I'm coming to the hard part: adding roll buttons.  So far, it's all worked fine.  Make a button, copy/ paste to all the right places, and done.  Except for the part where the button does what I want. Each skill has a series of modifiers.  One of these modifiers is based on a stat bonus.  The problem I'm having, is figuring out how to make the stat bonus fill the field in the skill row.  Then I add all the bonuses together and use it in the ?{Modifier} spot in my button roll command. If someone can give me a link or an example of the html for these, I would be most appreciative. As an example: Skill: No Armor  Stat bonus: Agi_bonus (from the stats section of the sheet) + skill_bonus + misc_bonus  Roll It: /roll 1d100+skill_bonus Thanks, Feadel
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
You could use something like: <input type="text" name="attr_no-armor-skill" title="no-armor-skill" value="(@{no-armor-rank-bonus}+@{agi-bonus}+@{misc-bonus}) " disabled="true"/> <button type="roll" name="attr_no-armor-check" title="no-armor-check" value="[[1d100+@{no-armor-skill}]]"></button> if you prefer the /roll convention instead of inline rolls, the value of the roll button would be "/1d100+@{no-armor-skill}" instead.
Thank you. I was looking for the format for adding the bonuses and using the stat bonus.  I tend to use the /roll because that's how I do it in-game, not having tried the in-line rolls.

Edited 1458003818
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
*nod*  You are welcome. I like the inline rolls because they are more compact and you can pretty them up with roll templates. :)  And if you still want to know what the value of the roll was, you can mouse over it to see the information. If Rolemaster 1E uses the same open-end rolling that RMSS does, you can use a roll construct like 1d100!>96cf<5cf=66cs=66cs=100 in the inline roll.  This roll will roll again and add if the roll is greater than 95, will show a red border if it is less than 6, will show a green border for a roll of 100 and will show a blue border for a roll of 66. :)  Sadly you'd have to handle an open-end down roll by doing an additional roll and subtracting; there is no way without some kind of API script to get it to do both open-ended up and down.  And you can see the red or blue border show up on an open-ended up roll if the second (or third etc) roll happens to be less than 6 or a 66.  If you want to use this, just replace the 1d100 with it. :)  This does work with the /roll command as well, but it tints the roll result instead and a roll of 66 will just highlight as red.  It's also not quite as necessary since there rolls themselves are much more visible. Happy Gaming!