Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jukebox Issues

I am running a 3.5e game based off of J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth in the Second Age.  I've been wanting to put music to my game utilizing SoundCloud/Jukebox to provide background music.  I have been wanting to use the music from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit soundtracks, but SoundCloud will not let me upload hardly any of them.  Is there ANY way the tracks could be uploaded DIRECTLY into Roll20 without going through SoundCloud?  If not, that is alright.  I understand for legal reasons why SoundCloud is being used, and why it would block me from using tracks from those movies.  There are copyright issues, and I understand if Roll20 wants to stay out of that.  However, I am only using the tracks for personal use, and not to sell/make profit from.  Anyway, if someone from development or management could reply and advise, that would be great!  Thanks! Andrew, a.k.a. Tyalietura (Game Master in Elvish)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Andrew W. Riley D. of the Roll20 Dev Team addressed the prospects of uploading copyrighted music to Roll20 in a post, here : We specifically don't let you play non-Soundcloud music for this exact reason. It can get us in just as much hot water to let you broadcast copyrighted music via our servers to our players as it can for you to upload it to Soundcloud. Nonetheless, you may want to lend your support to this popular Suggestion: Alternatives to Soundcloud and Additions to the Jukebox