Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Net Libram of Random Magical Effects

Edited 1458473270
Pyromanci
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I put this script together as I wanted to introduce random magical affects, but the wild magics tables were not enough. So I took the&nbsp; Net Libarm of Magical Affects v2&nbsp;By Orrex&nbsp; and made it into a automated script.&nbsp; The affects book is mostly for version 5e, but it's output can be easily adapted to match what ever system you are really using. The&nbsp;Commands: !MagicalSurge &nbsp; -This will post to chat for all to see !GMMagicalSurge -This will whisper the result to the Game Master Example output: The script file can be found: <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pyromanci/MagicalSurges/master/MagicalSurge.js" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pyromanci/MagicalSurges/master/MagicalSurge.js</a> I should point out. Because this affects table was original designed to use real dice. The crit fail is actually a true crit, 10k. Which is world ending.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool!!
WOW! I love this table, it's the one I use in my game (when I have wild magic)... I never thought to automate it! 10,000 entries?!?!! Thank you!!! Edit: Could you help me turn this into a whisper to the GM only? -Phnord ps: The Aaron, why can't you be more like Pyromanci! tsk tsk!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Pyromanci
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edit: Could you help me turn this into a whisper to the GM only? I certainly can. I will make a second command that is a GM whisper tomorrow. I'm getting ready for a game tonight.
Pyromanci
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've added the GM whisper command. Also I fixed my typo. So pay attention to the commands please.&nbsp;
Awesome, but i'm getting a 'not found' message on that link; probably due to the typo? ... yup, typo in the link. Works great, thanks again! -Phnord
Gold
Forum Champion
The netbook title (Magical Effects ) is the best demonstration of the word for this meaning, as in the subject line. The word "affect" spelled with an "a" is different, it's a verb. I look forward to testing what effects this script will have in my game. It looks like it will affect magic users the most. Thanks for your consideration and sharing!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice, easy to adapt to 3.5e so i'll definitely be throwing this at my casters at some point ;) Also, did a quick edit to fix the link for you, hope you don't mind!
This is pretty awesome!&nbsp; As my party is now in the Underdark (and will be for some time) magic is not always so cut and dry, looking forward to throwing them some surges!&nbsp; Thanks!