Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Simple Display API

Does anyone have a lightweight API that they use to create a few simple HTML templates (like our emote, default, attack templates)? I realize the PowerCards API is out there, but it's much more complex than what I have in mind. All I want is style1, style2, style3, where there's a header and some readable text inside. Each style might just have a different color header, and background area for the content. I have been using the Roll20 "Default" template on the 5e OGL sheet for this purpose, but I'd like to define for myself what the HTML is. I've been using this to style a few macros: &{template:default} {{name=Cool Header}} {{ Do the thing }} This is a similar concept to Aaron's amazing  ColorEmote Script (the best thing ever), though it's intended use is to style things like basic macros, outputs from Roll Tables, and other random chat information. Is anyone doing this?
You can do that with powercards in it's simplest form.
You're probably right, HoneyBadger. The PowerCard thing is rather daunting, though. The index of tags and options is about 1,000 lines long, and there are 17 pages of discussion on the 3rd thread-- a tough bit to wade through, when all I'm looking for is a simple html wrapper. The idea is that I want a hammer to pound a nail. I figured if somebody had one, it would be the best solution. Also, I cannot find the actual script. In addition, I believe I can learn more about the API reading through the simpler scripts that are processing discreet types of Roll20 data. This is part of my motivation.

Edited 1458691813
Something like what you want is as simple as below, after adding a PowerCard Formats handout to your campaign and creating the styles you want. The benefit of powercards over roll templates is multi-line support instead of having to enter the template all on one line. !power {{ --format|Style1 --name|Cool Header --!text1|Do the thing. --!text2|Do this thing too. }}