Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it possible to write a macro using PowerCard v3 and TokenMod that automatically updates the target's HP?

AliceSteel
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Title. My DM has been using a separate macro for the adjusting but as I type he's trying to get it to automatically update it. Thought I'd see if the kind community here could be of some assistance. (If additional scripts are needed to help PowerCard 3 and TokenMod cooperate it should be an acceptable workaround)
Currently I use honeybadgers hp script. You can create buttons in the chat which can be used to remove hp from a target automatically based on the dice you give it. I'll give you a more up to date explanation tomorrow.  (I too would like to see a script which may do better for updating hp more effectively.) So far I just creator custom buttons alongside the templates such as [Damage](!Alter @{target|token_id} 1 -1d6+3} which will create a button and when I click it, let me reduce the target's hp I desire by -1d6+3 (it rolls it and removes hp accordingly for me)
Currently, no. PowerCards does not pass any info on to other scripts. Automation isn't my goal with the script.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: So far I just creator custom buttons alongside the templates such as [Damage](!Alter @{target|token_id} 1 -1d6+3} which will create a button and when I click it, let me reduce the target's hp I desire by -1d6+3 (it rolls it and removes hp accordingly for me) What would happen if you changed the math to + in the macro? Take [Damage](!Alter @{target|token_id} 1 -1d6+3} and change it to [Heal](!Alter@{target|token_id} 1 +1d6+3}.
It would heal as well. Yes. :) the issue of this is from a players side they would have to change it everytime they changed the math. 
Though the last curly brace should be a closed bracket. My fault on that
I'll post my set up here this evenning.
How it comes out. :)
AliceSteel
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: How it comes out. :) Think I could get the full code for that ability?
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1216260/script-alter-bar-on-token" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1216260/script-alter-bar-on-token</a> is the script :)
AliceSteel
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was actually referring to the ability/macro code but that will be useful too.