Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E OGL treasure script

Does anyone have a working script for this sheet? I'm looking for two scripts. One to generate individual money by level per the DM guide. A treasure script for everything else besides coins. Does this sheet already have a treasure script?
Hello?
There isn't a wealth by level chart in 5th edition.
INDIVIDUAL TREASURE: CHALLENGE 0-4 dlOO CP SP 01-30 Sd6 (17) 31-60 4d6 (14) EP 61-70 3d6 (10) 71-95 96- 00 INDIVIDUAL TREASURE: CHALLENGE 5-10 CP SP EP physical contact with the item. At the end of the rest, the character learns the item's properties, as well as how to use them. Potions are an exception; a little taste is enough to tell the taster what the potion does. Sometimes a magic item carries a clue to its properties. The command word to activate a ring mighr be etched in tiny letters inside it, or a feathered design might suggest that it's a ring of feather falling. Wearing or experimenting with an item can also offer hints about its properties. For example, if a character puts on a ring of jumping, you could say, "Your steps fee strangely springy." Perhaps the character then jumps up and down to see what happens. You then say the character jumps unexpectedly high. VARIANT: MORE DIFFICULT IDENTIFICATION If you prefer magic items to have a greater mystique, consider removing the ability to identify the properties of a magic item during a short rest, and require the identify spell, experimentation, or both to reveal what a magic item does. ATTUNEMENT Some magic items require a creature to form a bond with them before their magical properties can be used. This bond is called attunement, and certain items have a prerequisite for it. If the prerequisite is a class, a creature must be a member of that class to attune to the item. (If the class is a spellcasting class, a monster GP pp 3d6 (10) ld6 (3) dlOO GP pp 01-30 31-60 61 -70 71-95 96- 00 4d6 X lQQ (1,400) ld6 X lQ (35) 6d6 X lQ (210) 3d6 X 10 (lOS) INDIVIDUAL TREASURE: CHALLENGE 11-16 dlOO CP SP EP 01-20 4d6 X lQQ (1 ,400) 21 - 35 ld6 X lQQ (350) 36- 75 76 - 00 INDIVIDUAL TREASURE: CHALLENGE 17+ dlOO 01-15 16-55 56- 00 CP CHAPTER 7 I TREASURE SP EP 2d6 X l ,QQQ (7,QQQ) 2d6 X lQ (70) 2d6 X lQ (70) 4d6 X lQ (140) 2d6 X lQ (70) GP ld6 X lQQ (350) ld6 X lQQ (350) 2d6 X lQQ (7QQ) 2d6 X lQQ (7QQ) GP 8d6 X lQQ (2,8QQ) ld6 X 1,000 (3 ,500) ld6 X 1,000 (3 ,500) 3d6 (10) pp ld6 X lQ (35) 2d6 X lQ (70) pp ld6 X 100 (350) 2d6 X 100 (700) Taken from the DM's guide 5th edition!
I just use the donjon website 5e treasure generator.&nbsp; It has both individual and treasure hoard generation. Then would copy paste into chat if needed. <a href="http://donjon.bin.sh/5e/random/#type=treasure;cr=0;loot_type=Individual%20Treasure" rel="nofollow">http://donjon.bin.sh/5e/random/#type=treasure;cr=0;loot_type=Individual%20Treasure</a>
That is what i'm doing now. I wanted something better but apparently nobody is sharing!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
How about creating some Rollable Tables for your macros, Brian A. ?
I started with this (Rollable Tables) but suddenly realized it would be better as a script with the new drop down menus. I wish i could script but alas i can't. The problem is there is no script compendium for roll 20 so you have to come on to the forums to see if someone would be nice enough for you to help them? Which there are alot of helpful people on here. Don't get me wrong i'm thankful. but....... I just don't know why the wheel needs to be re-invented when i'm sure most roll 20 users play 5e D&D! There really needs to be a universal system set up to do this so at least you have all the basic systems in place! I have already done a lot of work to convert my players from 2nd edition to 5th. I set up all new macros, tokens, art, maps etc.. I even had to figure out how to use the 5E OGL character sheets and set up the macros i needed to work with them! It was basically like starting over and not an easy task! I'm tired! Anyway enough with the rant let me get back on track. I would like to make a treasure script. If anyone has one they would like to share that plays 5E and even better uses the new OGL sheet. I would be very happy!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here's a few related threads I found: [Script] 5e Treasure Hoard Generator This is an API Script . Access to the API is available in games in which the Creator has an active Pro subscription. If you do have access to the API, you could use Table Export and Recursive Tables to easily make use of these loot tables . AD&D Treasure Types A-Z (macro) This macro might be close to what you want (but may require adaptation for use in 5e). [Script] Treasure - Automatically import and generate Magic Items and Loot Another API Script, but for D&D 3.5 (may still be usable). [DM Help] how to build random treasure tables in roll20 games, looking for insperation. A discussion on this topic. Might prove helpful. Plenty more via a forum search for "loot" and "treasure" .
Thanks Silvyre! This stuff just isn't what i'm looking for! I guess nobody has a working 5E treasure script without API. I will have to find another solution.
I created a random equipment generator using rollable tables and API buttons. It doesn't require roll20 API access to use, and you can just paste it into a macro. It creates a button in the chat that is whispered directly to you (the GM). The message is an API button which utilizes a second macro that activates a rollable table using compacted results, so have those prepared too. This is the code for the API button, placed in the first macro. /w gm [Random Treasure](!&#13;#Treasure) The code below is for the second macro, which takes the result from the rollable table and compacts it. [[1t[Loot_Treasure]]] If you want multiple results, just place the code in the second macro multiple times.
Ok so i got this code to work for my coins table.&nbsp;/w gm [[ 1t[TreasureCoins] ]] [[5d6]] Is there any way to have different dice rolls for the different coins in this macro? Example: Copper [[5d6]] Silver [[4d6]] etc...
Not without using an api script. TheAaron made one called Recursive Tables that does that.
Okay Thanks!