Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Table formatting is barely functional

Ugh. I had a big long detailed bug report and apparently hitting control-Z on this thing does really weird stuff. Anyway, Win7x64 and the latest Chrome. 49.0.2623.112 m. Steps to reproduce: Make a big table (6x6? maybe smaller, definitely bigger) Fill table cells with things. Problems: Active cell detection stops working after a few minutes while editing smaller tables and never works for bigger tables. That means that: Setting alignment begins to fail. When you have a cell selected in a row and it's not the first cell in that row, you can no longer set its alignment. Instead, the alignment of the first cell in the row is set. Stranger things happen when you have multiple cells in a row selected; you seem to set the alignment of the cells in the row above. Adding columns stops working properly. You can only add a column before or after the first column; god help you if you have more than one column in your table! Deleting columns does not work at all. I've got a handout with a table in it with a column I'd love to delete but cannot. Feature request: can we please, pretty pretty please, be able to set alignment formatting across multiple cells? That would be a huge timesaver!
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yeah, we are way behind in updates for our text format widget. Updating it is no easy task because it is used pretty much everywhere across the site. I have officially created a task to update it, which will hopefully fix the current list of issues with it, but it may not be done for a while since like I said it's not easy to do.
Thanks again. Hope you guys get a chance to work on it.