Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't delete items in repeating sections in Pathfinder character sheet

I posted this in the character sheet thread and was told to report it here. I'm using the Pathfinder character sheet in my campaign. I'm having a problem where I can't remove anything from repeating sections on any of my characters. Whenever I try to delete an item in a repeating section, it reappears as soon as the repeating section is updated, either by reloading the sheet or editing another item in the repeating section.  This gif demonstrates the problem . I am using Google Chrome version 49.0.2623.112 m on Windows 10 Home. Javascript is enabled. I use Windows 10's built-in anti-virus. I use a couple of add-ons: AdBlock and Google Mail Checker. I have reproduced the issue with all my extensions disabled Here is a console log from the moment that I open the campaign to the last moment of what is shown in the gif .
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I did some more tests and I notice for me, the rows that cannot be deleted are the very old repeating section rows with IDs that are only digits (before the change to long strings). so if the row has an ID of 1 or 0 or 2, etc, if I delete it, it comes back. But if it is a newer row with an ID of -k38dhfk2y3f or something, then the system successfully deletes it. This is true of multiple repeating sections and characters. So i think it is not a sheet issue, but the server code is checking the ID and ignoring it if the ID is just a number. I know Riley added some code to check the ID to try to avoid the red box of death on repeating sections. But maybe an exception has to be added for IDs that are numbers.
chris b. said: I did some more tests and I notice for me, the rows that cannot be deleted are the very old repeating section rows with IDs that are only digits (before the change to long strings). so if the row has an ID of 1 or 0 or 2, etc, if I delete it, it comes back. But if it is a newer row with an ID of -k38dhfk2y3f or something, then the system successfully deletes it. This is true of multiple repeating sections and characters. So i think it is not a sheet issue, but the server code is checking the ID and ignoring it if the ID is just a number. I know Riley added some code to check the ID to try to avoid the red box of death on repeating sections. But maybe an exception has to be added for IDs that are numbers. I just tested this as well. I tried adding another item in the repeated section and made sure it had the new ID format. I could indeed delete that one so I think you're right, it seems to be an issue with IDs that are just regular integers.
Is this being worked on? The sheet is nigh unusable by the sheet's player and is lagging quite a bit on my computer. I can't be the only one with old repeating sections on the Pathfinder sheet so a fix would be nice.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SorteKanin, PM me the url of your game and set the character with the issue as accessible and I'll take a look.
PM sent, thanks for looking into it. :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Same issue.  I tried the trick of dupluicating the character in question and deleting the spells of the copy, but they still come back...

Edited 1460624019
neovatar
Sheet Author
Oh, just seen that you pathfinder guys have the same issue. I just opened a thread for this  bug when using 13th Age legacy sheet . Seems to be related to repeatable sections in general. But I can only produce it with "old" section item ids (numbered) and not with newly created (pseudo-random). Duplicating character or using transmogifier does not seem to help.

Edited 1460648064
Same problem with my custom&nbsp; shadowrun 5 character sheet and the items popup/duplicate on "modify,reorder,delete,add". This is a huge problem for my sheet. As this problem makes using roll20 for me a pain in the ass I try to help. Maybe this output from my sheet helps finding the problem: <a href="https://gist.github.com/anonymous/87eaf4f26d65d63d" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/anonymous/87eaf4f26d65d63d</a>... The row id:&nbsp;-KF3y-xQYv0kvC48uhAg is fine The row:&nbsp;-kfjtintipjtpfiwdpoa is broken and obviously attributes short (limit) and has an additional attribute (mod). Both are part of the character sheet but one of them is set and the other isn't. The missing attribute in the row is the value of the following select &lt;select name="attr_skillsknowledge_limit" class="buttoninput buttoninput-left w85px"&gt; &lt;option value="99"&gt;Keines&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="@{glimit}"&gt;Geistig&lt;/option&gt; &lt;option value="0"&gt;Sonstiges&lt;/option&gt; &nbsp; &lt;/select&gt; It is not only a problem of &lt;select&gt; tags as I encountered this problem in all of my repeating sections... Oh god... this is a horrible day.

Edited 1460651017
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Okay, so the bug where old-style repeating rows couldn't be deleted should now be fixed.&nbsp; @Wandler You should now be able to delete those rows (with the all-lowercase row IDs). However, those really shouldn't be getting created in the first place. Usually what's happening there is that a sheet worker is re-creating a repeating row that has been deleted and it's passing in a row ID that no longer exists (since sheet workers deal with repeating rows in lowercase rather than proper case). So I would check to make sure you don't have a script that is setting things in rows when they don't exist anymore. If you're still having issues with that part of it reply in your other thread, since that's a different issue.
Riley D. said: Okay, so the bug where old-style repeating rows couldn't be deleted should now be fixed.&nbsp; I tried it out and it seems to indeed be fixed. Thanks Riley! :)

Edited 1460654017
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the swift action! There was a second issue where red bordered rows could not be deleted (though they had long IDs)&nbsp; is that working for everyone? that thread was closed and they were told to come here. In dev it is fixed for the one character I was able to replicate the issue on.