Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Few questions from a new user

I made my account here yesterday, and have been playing around with the VTT since then, since I heard many good things about roll20. And hey it's really good. There's a few questions though that poped up that I would like to ask here: 1) Is there a way to quickly move the PC's token from one map to another I have prepared/keep them on the map even if we switch the map? Or do I have to re-add them from the Token library button for each map, and then have to assign which player controls them again on each map? 2) Can players "Launch Campaign" even when the GM is not there, so to look at their characters and edit stuff they're allowed to? 3) I see there's a "Launch in Google Hangout" button too... why is that exactly? Would players still need a roll20 account if joining the game that way, or does it simply use their Google+ info? Or is there some other advantage to it? I guess I'm wondering since chat, voice, video all seem to be handled by roll20 as well, so why need it? Thanks. Thats the most pressing questions I have right now :)
1. You can group up all the PC tokens and then copy/paste them to the new map. However... on the dev server (which you would have access to if you subscribed as a mentor), there is a feature that allows you to link a Character Journal entry and their stats with tokens on maps. The tokens and journal entry all update automatically any time any one of them are changed. 2. Yes. 3. Google hangouts are much more stable than Tokbox video/audio streams. You still need a Roll20 account, in addition to a google+ profile.
Thanks for the answers :) 1) Ah totally forgot about copy/paste. That at least makes things a lot easier already. That Dev server feature seems interesting, is there any indication when that stuff might hit the live version? 3) But you seem to loose like 30% or so of the screen just to google hangout. Is that really worth it?
1. No idea. 3. Yes, but if that's a concern... if you have two monitors, you can also put Roll20 on one and the G+ hangout on the other. G+ recently re-did their hangout UI though and it's possible to reduce the amount of space taken up by quite a bit. Mostly just the video bar at the bottom.
Oh yes, I guess using two seperate windows works. Could keep G+ in the background even on single monitor setups if you're not using video. Thanks, you cleared up a few of the confusing issues I had :)