Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Scripts not loading, no errors in Output Console

Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Hoping someone might be able to help me out with some script and sheet issues in my D&D 5e campaign. I've had loading issues in the past, where the scripts wouldn't load and I'd get an error. At the time, I was using Tracker Jacker, and simply disabling and re-enabling TJ seemed to work - all scripts would load and everything would work just fine. However, that solution hasn't worked the last few games. It would seem to work at first, but a few minutes later the scripts would crash again and I'd have to go back and forth, disabling and re-enabling TJ each time. I thought - ok, maybe TJ is borked. So, I deleted it completely and loaded Turn Marker to track initiative instead. Everything seemed to be working at the time. But now, the only script that seems to load in for me is the Music Control for Tokens. Here is the list of scripts I have installed (the most recent version of each, as far as I can tell): torch isGM Group Initiative Visual Alert Aura Health Herbalism Blood and Honor Turn Marker All I'm getting in the Output Console is: 1 2 Spinning up new sandbox... No other scripts are working. In addition (may be unrelated), rolling initiative with the Shaped v2 sheet has stopped working. All other clickable items on the sheet work, but not Initiative. Any idea where I could start to troubleshoot? I've disabled and enables each script individually and I still only get the above Console message. Thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Is this in Dev or on the Production Servers?  Also, I assume you're in game in another tab but I'll ask just to be sure?
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Production. And yes, when trying to get things working I'll have one tab open in game and another open in the API.
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
This is what the console screen shows when the game is open and all scripts are loaded: The only script that is working is the Music Control for Tokens script.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm kind of at a loss. I suppose if you want to PM me an invite and GM me I'll try and debug it for you. 
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Thanks, Aaron. Sent an invite your way.
Not sure if it will help you, but i have this problem occasionally. When my scripts aren't loading, i just click the save script button, and it seems to restart them. I have to do it each week, but it seems to run fine after.
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Gnar said: Not sure if it will help you, but i have this problem occasionally. When my scripts aren't loading, i just click the save script button, and it seems to restart them. I have to do it each week, but it seems to run fine after. That used to help in the past, but it doesn't seem to do a darn thing now. No solutions (yet), but I'll post again when I come up with something just in case someone else runs into this problem.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I know this doesn't fix what caused the issue, but I created a copy of the game and loaded up all the same scripts and everything seemed to work. So if you need it right away this would be the quick fix. If it happens again be mindful of what's happening, like last time, so we can try to recreate the issue itself and fix it. 
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Phil B. said: I know this doesn't fix what caused the issue, but I created a copy of the game and loaded up all the same scripts and everything seemed to work. So if you need it right away this would be the quick fix. If it happens again be mindful of what's happening, like last time, so we can try to recreate the issue itself and fix it.  Thanks, Phil. Duplicating the campaign and reinstalling all the scripts seems to have done the trick. I'll keep an eye out if it happens again!