Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Whisper to self keyword for macros and player menus

Edited 1461678793
A keyword like @{self{ to allow macro menus to be displayed only for the player who uses the macro menu. As a GM a macro menu can be shown invisible easily by using /w gm. Menus build for player can not be shown the same way and currently it is necessary to have a token and use the token. Edit: Example  keyword /ws from Aaron /ws &{template:gm-menu}{{title=Karten}}{{1=[Weltkarte](!mc move --target Weltkarte)[Seattle](! ##Menu-Karten-Seattle)[Party](!mc rejoin)}}
There is already /talktomyself which allows you to spam macros without spamming everyone else.

Edited 1461678034
/talktomyself is very limited and according to your post in the other thread can not be used for toggling the state in the same macro. Therefore it is unuseable for complex scenarios like deeply nested menus. Therefore this suggestions is still a valid suggestion which can not be achieved by any other but an API script means at the moment.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Support!
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In a much simpler usage case, I have macros that I use to put a bunch of buttons in my chat window that trigger specific character abilities; for example, I have an "Attacks" token action that will give me buttons for each of my attack abilities.  Obviously, I don't want the template full of these buttons to be spammed to others, so currently I whisper them to the character, which normally works just fine, but in some instances, such as if multiple players can control a character, or the GM hits the token action, this will result in other people getting spammed. +1 for "/w me".
I like this idea. In some systems the rules can get kinda wordy, and it would be nice to set a macro that just does "/em casts [Spell]", but with a button like "[Full Text](/w me [Spell]'s Full Text)" so anyone who needs a reminder can get one at a click without also dropping the whole 20 line thing into public chat.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .