Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SR 5] Custom Script Supported: Wandlers Charactersheet v0.1

Edited 1463688525
Preview on the updates of the developement of the alternative script supported shadowrun 5 charactersheet. This is a preview for other sheet authors to show case the functionality I have implemented using both html, css, Sheet Workers and API scripts. I also show case some scripts developed by others as on roll20 the character sheet for me is the central element of a campaign. It is also a preview for shadowrun players, the more people out there who wished this sheet became available the easier it will be to get it done :) Many of the features are a bit slow at the moment, but are possible to implement faster given enough time. Feel free to ask about specific features or the whole sheet and script. I have already experimented with the upcoming i18n features and at the end of this post there is a list of features missing on roll20 to make this sheet happen as an official and translated alternative for everyone: Click all images to play the gifs. How does it look like? Customizeable You can hide technomancer blocks and resonance or magic attributes as they clutter your charactersheet without adding information if you don't use them. Sum of repeating fields The sheet can sum up your expenses as well as your karma and essence loss from repeatable sections Sprinting and Lifting In Shadowrun you have a base running rate and several different movement options can influence those, usually based on a roll. The sheet can handle both. It both detects if youre movement rate is already used up and you begin automaitcally to "run". Also it handles cases where you want to walk 4m but have only 3m left but could run the last meter. Tokens, Injury, Edge and hidden rolls The sheet and script work together to both handle damage on both tracks (mental=blue, physical=red) and calculate injury mods for you. Also they can be enabled to automatically be integrated as negative modifier all rolls you make from your sheet. Also you can toggle the use of edge which both increases your dice pool but also lets your 6s explode. Toggling between open and hidden rolls Change the active initiative and use !group-init In shadowrun you do not have one but FIVE different initiatives. One click change between active initiative. Also a simple hack to Tracker Jacker allows you to deduct 10 from all initiatives at the end of a combat round. The current injury mod is also directly substracted from the initiative. Skills and their settings and auto calculations In Shadowrun skills have a limit and you can set those limit or simply ignore it. As for each and every part of the character sheet I always provide 3 buttons. The base value, a modified value and a total. The first and last roll from the autocalculated value of base and total while the modified value button allows the user to specify a modifier before the roll. Extended Tests In shadowrun extended tests are when you roll subsequent rolls, they take time and the successes add up - but your pool is reduced by one per roll. Combat Melee, Ranged with ammunition tracking, armor, defense pools. What else could a gun loving maniac want? Magic How was the ruletext of that spell? How much damage do i get? What were its stats? What are the skills of a fire spirit?! How do I roll for those preparations again and how many do I have left now? Oh god... so many rules... luckily the sheet does help you with most of it:) Sprites Work exactly the same as spirits, so I haven't included an image. Just click the magic image. Connections Hey "Tom" are you available? Answer your god damn phone, those gangers are wreckung us out here! ANSWER YOUR PHONE! In shadowrun connections sometimes are not available and sometimes a roll decides. The character sheet helps you and the GM to keep track of whom you wanted to call and if he answers. Ok this isn't that cool but if you want to buy stuff over a connection. What pool does he have? Which modifier does the connection get? Wait and there is something similar to an extended test involved? How long will it take? Will I get this item? Let's find out! The sheet can not only determine the pool of your connections when ordering stuff but also fall back to a button for the gm if there is no connection of that name or it does not have the right skill ("Verhandlung") in this case. We let our placer Firefox order some difficult to get item (V=20) over some of her connections and let's see how those rolls turn out. How long will it take them? i18n requirements The sheet is a bit more complex than others as it was never targeted for the broad audience but always wanted to solve particular difficult problems. To allow for 100% translation the i18n feature would be required to be extended to allow the translation of scripts - by letting scripts access fields and publish fields like the one-click-install user input fields - and css,&nbsp;to allow for translation of the repeating sections which texts are currently hardcoded in the css file. Also a i18n-title attribute would be nice as the tabs are realized by the css title-::before-:content trick. Is this stable? For sure not. A lot of stuff works pretty well by now but also a lot of stuff is slow at the moment as I haven't utilized caching yet. However, I would not want to play a single shadowrun evening without those features myself and use them face to face as well as on roll20. Current Code - Provided as is, including all the bugs - No refunds <a href="https://gist.github.com/NoxMortem/712df7eecfa6c0ad" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/NoxMortem/712df7eecfa6c0ad</a>...
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Congrats, this looks amazing! I'm very excited to hear that this sheet will be making use of the new i18n features, and I'll also be more than happy to give my full support any i18n-related Suggestions you make.
awesome, i would love to talk to you about these some time.

Edited 1463688740
A short preview of a new feature which might look tiny but is the start of something super amazing: modifier lists. Instead of having a simple text field for the modifier field the current goal is to add a modifier list for all fields in the sheet. This might be a bit more cumbersome while entering your character in the beginning, it allows for some crazy cool stuff like: "buffs". With the addition of modifier lists it is possible to add/enable and disable modifiers to a wide range of values in the shield. This will make it possible to toggle adept powers, or to enable spell modifiers. This not only means manually entering modifiers, but once they are pulled from a pre-defined list it is possible to also let scripts and Sheet Workers automatically add/enable/disable buffs under certain circumstances. Along with this feature comes a second tooltip (everything "work in progress") which allows to hover over the rolltemplate output and see what buffs and modifiers influenced a roll. Modifier Lists (and in the future: BUFFS!) (click the image for a live preview) Also some small information on the i18n front for people not following the tech-news: roll20 added further features which make the translation of this sheet in a realistic future more likely. The biggest missing feature is still the i18n access for the API but they added Sheet Worker access and this is already very powerful and important step into the right direction!

Edited 1465978157
Update v.0.2 Added List of modifiers for attributes and limits. As noted somewhere else this opens up some really crazy script possibilites and will be extended to generate tooltips for the rolltemplate to show for modifier and limit HOW the character got those. Tooltips are cool. Added i18n for almost all front-end fields. There are ~248 lines to translate and I used where possible the english keys therefore it should be pretty easy. English speaking people could test some of the sheet stuff now by simply not adding a translation file which will replace all texts as [KEY]. This will likely look stupid in several parts of the sheet. Changed all repeating section buttons to Pictos. This removed the necessity to translate them and add css for each and every stupid and annoying repeating sections. This sheet has many of them therefore this was a good change. (Thanks to aaron) Added a repeating section for skill modifiers. Same reason as for attributes but as nested repeated sections are not supported by roll20 there were some tricks necessary to make it work. However, this tricks are cool and open up new possibilities :D Planned updates: i18n for roltemplates and scripts Write an import script such that people can more easily test the sheets spells, alchemy, spirits, sprites functionality which require you to add the rule texts into abilities of characters. Make long chat like spell texts tooltips. This will clean up the chat a lot and you can always "look up" what a spell does without spamming such long wall oft texts. I did not add new images as this is very much an "under the hood update". HTML, CSS, JSON, Javascript:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/NoxMortem/8b8a7dff1635e9e6" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/NoxMortem/8b8a7dff1635e9e6</a>... Edit: It would be cool if people interested in this sheet could give feedback what they would need most in their rounds. Until now I have simply added features in the order of when I required them myself and what had been annoying for me.