Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Blaster Bolt (Laser) Custom F/X

So I've been messing around with the custom f/x tool trying to figure out how to create a great looking laser beam effect (or blaster bolt, think star wars). I'm aware that's there's the beam effect already, though it's not quite the desired effect that I'm looking for.  Anyone else have this figured out or idea on how to accomplish this?
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
I am in fact also in need of that kind of FX, if a grand script wizard could help the both of us ;), I would surely be happy!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is about the best I can come up with: { "angle": -1, "angleRandom": 0, "duration": 15, "emissionRate": 60000, "lifeSpan": 20, "lifeSpanRandom": 0, "maxParticles": 3000, "size": 1, "sizeRandom": 0, "speed": 175, "speedRandom": 22, "startColour": [90, 175, 175, 0.35], "startColourRandom": [0, 0, 0, 0.25], "endColour": [125, 125, 125, 0], "endColourRandom": [0, 0, 0, 0] }

Edited 1461859819
Whoa, I never even considered putting the emission rate that high, ( I didn't even think it was possible, that  is why I failed). Your witchcraft is always appreciated Aaron.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem. It was mostly serendipity.  It came out of playing with trying to make it seem more solid by having many faster moving particles.  (30000 particles kind of kills performance, sadly. =D).  I'd cut the maxParticles back down but not the emissionRate and tried it and said "Whoa!"  =D
Aaron, this now makes you a 30th level scriptomancer! Just in time for my SWON game Friday.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hahahahah!  It's nice to keep my hand in, to be sure. =D
Thanks so much! this will be in my SW game!