Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Stream: Rise of the Ruinlords 5.6.2016 Hook Mt. Massacre - 8:30pm EST

Hey, Rollers of the 20s. I started DMing last year and my players turned out to be stellar to me and we started streaming a few months ago. I call them the "Ruinlords" because they've somehow turned a standard adventure path into a crazy, creative world that we're building together that they say is unrecognizable to how they've played APs before (I have glass-blowing, Sarenrae worshipping goblins in Sandpoint somehow. I mean come on!).&nbsp; I want to invite you all to come watch and I'm particularly interested in continuing to grow as a DM so that I can continue to create a dynamic world for my players so please comment in the chat and I would love to include viewer ideas into the world and lore we're creating (I have incorporated several coworkers into the game as NPCs or legendary items and they don't even play DnD!). If you're interested: The twitch stream is:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/adrestia_716" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/adrestia_716</a>&nbsp; Pre-game starts at 8:30pm EST - Tonight's topic is: What classes are missing from DnD? Game Starts at 9pm EST with a recap. You can visit our Roll20 game&nbsp; here and our wiki&nbsp; here . I hope you'll join us and help us "ruin" Paizo's adventure paths with our boundless creativity! -Adrestia (Did that sound adult and like...professional? I dug deep for this post - deeeeeep. I hurt a little.)
Gold
Forum Champion
I have been watching some of this. Your roll20 looks nice, and fun. What are your tips or techniques for the Turn Order? Specifically I was wondering your method for adding the Round counter, do you just start it on "1" and set it to +1 each time it cycles through the turn order? Also i didn't necessarily see you clicking a button to advance the turn order, I wondered what is your fast way for cycling the turn order? Other questions I was curious, are you using Card Decks feature of Roll20 (how/why)? And I saw you had a Player labeled Stream, are you running a second browser or a second computer with an account just to broadcast the player view to the stream?

Edited 1462597955
Gold said: I have been watching some of this. Your roll20 looks nice, and fun. What are your tips or techniques for the Turn Order? Specifically I was wondering your method for adding the Round counter, do you just start it on "1" and set it to +1 each time it cycles through the turn order? Also i didn't necessarily see you clicking a button to advance the turn order, I wondered what is your fast way for cycling the turn order? Other questions I was curious, are you using Card Decks feature of Roll20 (how/why)? And I saw you had a Player labeled Stream, are you running a second browser or a second computer with an account just to broadcast the player view to the stream? Thank you so much for joining us! It was fun and we hope you come back next week! Turn Order I go to Turn Order Settings and I "Add Custom Item" labeled "Round" and I add a "Round Calculation" of 1. When I add the "Round" it adds at a "0" so I manually update it to "1". When it comes around in the turn order, Roll20 automatically updates it by 1. :) Card Decks Dave (Miro) worked hard to create Card Decks for the Paizo Critical Fumble and Critical Hit decks Prior to that, we used a table that I let PCs roll for themselves. The Card Decks add a level of flash and art when they come up. Stream You're absolutely right. I run Stream so that the viewers have the player only view since my players help with chat on the Twitch stream.
so professional